I WANT AN AR

MOhunter90

I am looking to buy or build a ar15 .223 for hunting, SD, tactical use, and home defence that is super accurate out to about 200 - 300 yds and is really customizeable so i can change sights and accesories as needed

thanks

Luke

Me too....but that is a lot to ask of in one rifle.

The 2-300 yard super accurate will mean you will have to get a Olympic SUM barrel (DTech fluted)

To keep it a SD and tactical you will probably go 16" bbl.
Customizable...flat top...gas block front.
This means you can add a flip down front and rear or just have a scope or holographic or red-dot....and exchange them at will.

I would contact DTech and have him build you just what I mentioned....for super accuracy.

As always...IMHO

While the oly sum barrels may be very good, they aren't the only game in town. For what you described, sounds like a RECCE concept rifle is what you're looking for, 16" barrel of high quality, flat top reciever, railed and free floated handguard, good trigger and an adjustable stock hmmmm. sounds like my Colt HBAR without the railed handguard.
000_0410.jpg

It will shoot under 1/2" groups if I do my part with the right ammo and it's best group was .233 yet it weighs around 8 pounds with the scope.
When I get my camera setup again I need to post some pics of my Colt lightweight too, it's quickly becoming my favorite even though it only shoots 1 1/2" 5 shot groups with irons at 100 yards with a different sight it would fill your order also and it weighs just over 6 pounds.
Finaly a new pic
100_0511.jpg

Last edited:
Here is my new calling rig, it is a RECCE style carbine with:

-Sabre Defence 16in. 1-8 twist stainless fluted barrel with match chamber
-Vortex Flash Hider
-Houge rubber grip
-Rock River upper and lower recievers
-Daniel Defense 12.0in free float rail
-LMT SOPMOD collapsable stock (very comfortable cheek weld)
-LMT 2stage match trigger with KNS Non-Rotational trigger pins.
-Young Mfg. National match bolt carrier group
-Leupold 1.5-5x Mark4 illumitated Reticle scope in LaRue Tactical SPR scope mount(excellent return to zero, extends over rail for proper eye relief, and light weight!)

I put this rifle together for all the purposes you mentioned and for me is the perfect calling rifle, very lightweight and handy as well as extremely accurate out to 300+ yards.

411515.JPG

411512.JPG

Quote:
TTFIJI, what is the weight of your rig as pictured? It sure looks great.

I have not weighed it since adding the scope, but I did weigh it b4 and it weighed 7lbs 4oz. with an empty 30 rd mag and the LaRue scope mount attached. Leupold lists the scope at 15 oz. so I guess it weighs about 8lbs. 3oz. give or take as pictured. The rifle itself with nothing attached weighed in at 6lbs 12oz. which is fairly lightweight for an AR.

Last edited:
I have $530.00 in just the rifle, bought the parts off of the EE on ar15.com. Oh, added a Chip McCormic drop in FCG, that was $165.00 and worth every penny.
ar15-2.jpg

This is 110yrds, ten shots,the flyers are my fault.
100_0097.jpg

Last edited:
Nice shootin Budo
Mine is a RRA lower NM 2 stage trigger, A2 butt stock, and Model 1 Sales upper 20" ss fluted, amum. free float tube, and shoots .824 O.D. 5 shots @ 100 highly accurate enough for me. Around $800 invested.
2006_0305Image0090.jpg

It now has a Nikon Prostaff 2-7 on it I mostly hunt heavy cover

Back