Calling Red Fox In Winter

Quote Arcticfox: (And the 6,5x55 feels like overkill!)

Hey i didn't know you've felt me before! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Jokes!

Ive been using Jack Rabbit sounds lately with good success, a lot of my mates around here use a scotch predator call which is jack rabbit and they seem to love it. I must say that foxes down here have no other predator other than human so that point you make R Buker makes a lot of sense i would be shy if coyotes kept eating my mates too. I should've checked this post earlier seems ive been missing a good conversation!

This fox was called in jack rabbit just recently the first my girlfriend has called.

DSCN1501.jpg

hmmm if we had coon id give that a try foxes down here might think ive gone crazy but /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Articfox - I bought a used .222 for the same reason. I've talked to a couple guys that have shot probably 1500 fox betwen them and they were both downloading to 2800-2900 fps. I think one used a 50gr. SXSP Hornady bullet and the other used a Speer SP. bullet but cannot remember the weight. Ryan

have any of you tried the red fox barks or red distress calls for them.. i know the greys are very responsive to these type calls for sure.. i have the red barks and distress but have only called one in with it, i have had more success with the woodpecker distress. just curious if any of you had tried them or not with success, all i seen mentioned was the prey sounds...

also, do they make a red female invitational sound like that of the coyote on the foxpro? that would seem like a good sound to have if they exist..

I have only used distress upto date, I would also like to hear a response on this, later on when i buy an ecaller i would have to give it a try. Maybe during breeding season it may work better but i really have no idea.

Back