two coyotes from this evening

okbow68

Here are a couple of pics that me and my partner took this afternoon. He scored first at 135 yds. His dog came in between 5-10 minutes. We messed up and were skylighted the dog came down in a draw and crossed a creek and stood about 50 yds from the caller which was about 50 yds in front of us. He ducked back down into the creek. I thought he was gone for good. But in about 5 minutes he came back out in the open at about 130 yds. My buddy tagged him. We sat there hoping for more action. I could see another dog about 300 yds out, but wouldn't leave the cover it was near to come towards the call. The sun had me all screwed up and I couldn't see through my scope. So he was pardoned. We walked down and got my partners dog and took it back to where we had been setting. I figured that the other dog was still around so we gathered everything up and circled about 600 yds from where he killed his dog and set up. I changed from baby cottontails in distress to death cry of a cotton tail. Talk about action no sooner had I turned the caller on that a dog busted out of the timber about 75 yds away. I wasnt skylighted this time, but I couldn't see the caller I was on one side of a knoll and it the other. Anyway this dog b-lines for the caller and gets out of my site. Well I guess he figured out that the caller was going to be a meal,and turned but I didn't know if he turned toward me or away so I set,(very hard to do). Here he came he about jumped in my lap, until I swung towards him. He then took off like a scalded dog back towards the timber which is bordered by a barbed wire fence. When he got to the fence he paralled it instead of going through it allowing me a running shot. I shot and bang-------->flop. Lasered my shot at 51yds and my partners at the afore mentioned 135 yds. Not a bad evening, least I didn't think so. Hope you like the pic and hope the story wasnt too long.
okbow68
AZ57878.jpg

B339730.jpg

B618337.jpg

B962299.jpg

------------------
shoot straight

Okbow68,
Where were ya'll huntin? Were you in the Ada area?

By the way good looking dogs and congrats.
------------------
Ray
"Any bad day huntin' is bettern any good day workin'"

"If they run they will only die tired"

[This message has been edited by purdygood (edited 12-22-2001).]

Wow, okbow68, GREAT JOB!!! You sure suckered that last one in. I'll bet it was the one that wouldn't come in after you shot the first one. Super!!

Hey Okie, did you take them doggies to the groomer before taking their picture? Compared to those ND coyotes Silverfox is baggin your look as if it is still summertime in Oklahoma. Glad you had a good hunt. BTW, I for one want to say that people shouldn't feel the need to say "sorry for the long post." If you've got a good story and it takes a few words to discribe it satisfactory then use them. We're all here to chew the phat, learn somphin, and read a good yarn ever so off tin.

Thanks for the nice words guys. The coats were pretty thick even if they dont look to long, but I will take what I can get.

------------------
shoot straight

Back