Urban coyote hunting..

Jake in NC

..Hey guys..I wanted to know if there are any special considerations(besides the standard safety issues) for hunting yotes in a farmland environment..Some of the places I'm going are subject to human activity on a daily basis..It's not like downtown or anything but they are out workin on their farms during the day..The place I was at yesterday is having trouble with yotes,or maybe coydogs toting off livestock and pets..Any useful info would be appreciated.. Jake in NC

I somtimes hunt with a friend under the same condictions, that is surrounding houses, livestock, etc;etc. We use an E caller and shot guns w/#4 buck. Land owners feel much more comfortable with that.
Have a great day.
John

Jake . Moses man here , i have found that in populated areas coyotes turn nocturnal . and very hard to call in .Trapping would be the best answer . or try calling at first light , and dont burn out the area . Kitten in distress is usually a good sound to use for rural coyotes . Good luck , Jerry .

I got two words for ya: use-a shotgun.
biggrin.gif
I use #4 buck 2¾ 12guage.

Going with what Jerry said that is very true, but still depends on where you are at. I have some family in southern Oregon who are farmers and they see coyotes on the basin during the day quite often. Keep in mind that they are surrounded by high hills and in a basin with one road exit and not much traffic. But here in Central Oregon I get coyote scat in my front yard on occasion but have never seen one of them in town...yet.

Good luck and happy hunting!

------------------
Matt/Spinner

Back