Hoof & Mouth

NASA

Our friends over at PETA are planning their ultimate coup. It seems Ingrid and her hugger-terrorists could be planning a little sabotage on the U.S. meat industry. They announced today that they openly advocate infection of U.S. livestock with hoof and mouth and mad cow disease. Does anyone think they WON'T go for it? Here's the link:
http://animalconcerns.netforchange.com/f...ights_42844.asp

With this qoute from the article, it sounds more like the description of a hungry Coyote going after a Fox:

"Newkirk said PETA chose its targets carefully and never backed away from a campaign once it was launched. "Our opponents know we never let up. They have to concede to some degree. They have to alleviate some of the misery they are causing before we back down," she said."

..and we all know that Coyotes are Predators:

I just can not put to words how angry this makes me.

My living comes from cattle and corn. We are a small familly operation with around 300 cows that we calve and then feed the calves to slaughter. If there ever was a time for the government to step in on a group of people it should be the animal rights activists. After all they are noting more than domestic terrorists. Just the coments made here should have them all put in jail. If these freaks can openly make coments like this and have no action taken against them it is just plain scarey.

No one in the agriculture industry wants to put out an unsafe product. My heart goes out to the ranchers in the other countries that have lost their lively hood. Imagine working from generation to generation and now everything is gone.

[This message has been edited by VanCentNebr (edited 04-03-2001).]

PETA's whole objective is to scare people into becoming vegetarians. By their own admission, "No matter what it takes".

I just hope our government is busy watching these miserable excuses for human beings that threaten terrorism. I get so angry I can hardly speak. How can they even think that inflicting misery on potentially millions of animals is an acceptable tactic for anything? The FBI always seems to be looking up the butt of all law abiding gun owners, I just hope they're doing their job when it comes to these PETA sickos.

I seen a picture in the state Journal this morning showing folks walking through a foot bath at some Florida Theme park before getting onto a plane.
The funny thing was in the article that was with the photo, it stated that the disease cannot be transmitted to humans.
I know absolutely nothing about this hoof & mouth stuff, and don't really fear anything yet. Just thought that article was kinda contradictive.
My opinion on PETA, among others, is that they act on impulse without thinking. I've been to conventions where they wait outside and spray animal blood on people and thier fur coats in protest. LOL,... think about that for a minute.
~River Runner~

Humans do not get the disease, but they are extremely capable of carrying it on their clothes, shoes, cars, and even in their lungs. This is a highly contagious disease, and can survive quite a while outside of its host environment. It can also carry through the air. As a farmer, we are already shutting down to all visitors, and not allowing any livestock exchange. Animals may leave here, to go to the butcher, but nothing is coming onto the farm. We will not even let people pat the animals along the fencelines. If this disease reaches our shores it will cause untold suffering to many animals for a long time to come. Those PETA jerks are complete idiots if they think that this somehow advances their cause.

Back