I got one with my new T/C Encore!

DLTinOKLA

The temp cooled off a little here in SW Oklahoma, so I decided to go make a few stands yesterday evening. The first one only produced one upset doe deer! I turned the FX3 cottontail distress #2 on with the JIB decoy and she ran straight at it! This was the same place where I about got nailed by a doe last spring while blowing on a Tweedy mouth call. Well anyway, no yotes on that stand. The next place I called had some very tall grass so I hid out on top of terrace looking down toward the trees. The FX3 (no decoy this time) is hanging in the little group of trees in the left of the photo. I started out with some group howls and then the female invite and then to the Cottontail #2.

DSC01038.jpg

The grass is really tall on this place but I finally see a yote coming through it about 150 yards downwind of the caller just a little right of the windmill.

DSC01037.jpg

I finally got a clear shot at him when he walked out of the grass and stood on a terrace.

DSC01040.jpg

Great job on the yote, Nice looking gun, I think I have seen that gun before.

January92005012.jpg

I love my encores,

Congrats again on the fine hunt.

Rus

Congrats. That one isn't all mangy looking. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Thanks for sharing....Tony

Sweet!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif Good job ,nice rifle, Thanks for sharing!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

DLTinOKLA,

Did you buy that frame from a guy on here? If it was hitman I tried to buy that frame. He said he sold it to another guy in Oklahoma off this board. So I bought his sst encore instead of the blue one.

If you ever get up Tulsa way give me a holler and we can go put those encores to use.

Rus

P.S.Tom who were you asking that question?

Tom he paid $1900.00 for that gun and had to take out a loan against his wifes car to get the money. lol /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Just kiddin Mrs. DLTinOKLA. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Tom, first of all yes they are interchangeable barrels, As mine sits with the thumbhole stock all camo reciever and barrel in 50 cal with a Nikon prostaff 3-9x40 scope I have about $600.00 in it. with the other two barrels with scopes bases and rings I have another $650.00 bucks.

I also have a sst encore set up and in that set up I have about a $500.00 in it.

They are great shooters for hunting,

Rus

Back