Very stupid coyote today.

dakatayote

I went out west river today to set some fenceline
snares because it was supposed to be very windy and I did not have any plans of calling but; I got there a little early and it was still kinda dark so I made 1 stand where I shot a coyote 2 weeks ago. No coyotes came in, but when I was walking out on a saddle between 2 large hills I looked up and there was a lone coyote on top of a large steep hill looking down at me. she was about 75 yds away & straight up, I rushed to
flip up my scope caps, pushed safety off and she didn't budge. So I took the time to flip my bipods open and lay down, look up, and WHAAP!! she lays dead. All she had to do was back up about 2 feet and I wouldn't have seen her again. I thought it was pretty funny that she didn't move at all. I wish I would have brought my camera today to show you all how steep that hill was, I scaled up the north facing slope, to get her. she was a young female, beautiful guard hairs. Maybe I should have left her in the gene pool to raise more "easy targets" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif One more great thing is I talked to another landowner and have access to another very large chunk of land full of rough hills, draws, PD towns, all good coyote spots. I am still looking for my first bobcat. any tips for me on cat hunting?

Back