Tikka T3 Varmint 204

Tikka's website

http://www.tikka.fi/

now lists the T3 varmint chambered in 204. Ive been trying to order one and cant find a dealer who can help as its not currently listed on the American website. Does anyone know if tikka is currently exporting these to the USA or know a dealer who is able to get one? I was going to buy a CZ in 204 this week but would much prefer the tikka if I can get one. I did try to email tikka directly but so far no answer on availablity. If anyone can help with some info it would be greatly appreciated.

thanks!

Wow, I'm excited if that's true. I contacted Beretta a while back and they had said Tikka had no plans on the 204. I got my fingers crossed though. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Tikka makes the Varmint and the Super Varmint in .204 Ruger. As far as dealers go, if you have a Sportsmans Warehouse near you then there's your dealer. I cant remember if I have seen a .204 in our store yet or not. I have seen them both in .223 and 22-250. I will try and find out on .204 availability for you and get back with you.

Beretta USA is the US importer for Tikka and Sako rifles. If the 204 Ruger isn't shown on the Beretta web site (it isn't), it means that they are not importing it into the country, even though Tikka is making one.

Maybe before too long that will change..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

-BCB

You are probably right BCB but I will check anyway. The Tikka site shows the Tikka T3 Varmint in 18 different calibers yet the Beretta site only shows .223, .22-250 and .308. I find it hard to believe that only those three out of 18 are being imported. It may very well be the case though but it cant hurt to inquire.

Quote:
Beretta USA is the US importer for Tikka and Sako rifles. If the 204 Ruger isn't shown on the Beretta web site (it isn't), it means that they are not importing it into the country, even though Tikka is making one.

Maybe before too long that will change..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

-BCB

Yea that ^,

There are many calibers they do not bring over the pond. The good news IMO is the .204 was not on the Europe web site last year and Sako did add the .204 this year. My guess is the Tikka .204 is on deck in the batter's circle waiting to come to the plate........maybe 07'? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif
Just a guess though.........

Forget about it, unless you want 100 of them they won't put it in production. I tried last year to get one in .243 and had to settle for the "T3 Lite" with a 5 shot mag. Even though it says they are available for US import, I was told that you have to order at least 100. I would be willing to go in if you think you can get 98 more guys. I am sure someone on this site with an FFL would be willing to do the paper work for a small cut and we all could get a great deal. Hey WYOSONGDOG What's the "Super Varmint", do you mean the "Tactical"

Quote:
Hey WYOSONGDOG What's the "Super Varmint", do you mean the "Tactical"

The Super Varmint is very similar to the Tactical, but with a different barrel and a few less bells and whistles.

Tikka's import policy is kinda strange, because, for example, in Canada, you can get a T3 in 6.5x55mm Swedish (albeit with signifcant wait time), but not in the USA.

Hopefully the .204 Ruger chambering will be an exception. I would think they would easily sell them if they were imported.

Quote:
Forget about it, unless you want 100 of them they won't put it in production. I tried last year to get one in .243 and had to settle for the "T3 Lite" with a 5 shot mag. Even though it says they are available for US import, I was told that you have to order at least 100. I would be willing to go in if you think you can get 98 more guys. I am sure someone on this site with an FFL would be willing to do the paper work for a small cut and we all could get a great deal. Hey WYOSONGDOG What's the "Super Varmint", do you mean the "Tactical"

How Berettta markets their products is a lot more complicated than just getting 100 folks lined up with an FFL holder. I doubt that would do much good on any caliber if the FFL holder was not a licensed Beretta distributor/dealer let alone a caliber they are not currently importing. It has nothing to do with units produced....

JMO - BCB

I called Beretta about special ordering a T3 Varmint in 25-06, told them I had my own FFL, their answer was a wholesaler would have to order a 100 guns in that configuration. And while I had them on the phone I asked them when the 204 would be available in the USA, answer was not this year maybe next year.

Booger

Quote:
Even though it says they are available for US import, I was told that you have to order at least 100.

Quote:
I called Beretta about special ordering a T3 Varmint in 25-06, told them I had my own FFL, their answer was a wholesaler would have to order a 100 guns in that configuration.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif But of course it has nothing to do with number of units produced..... How Beretta markets thier products is alot more complicated then that. Some little Italian guy has to ride his bike ( you know, with the front basket and a loaf of bread sticking out) down to the port to get on a boat for America. When he gets to America he will have to get on a bus for Texas. After arriving in Texas he will have to rent a bike to get to Bayou city boy's house. When he finally gets there after the long ordeal with the 21 speed bike, Bayou city boy's wife is not home to ask for permission.
Damn, maybe next year. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

Sorry I could'nt resist /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Fortunately, his gas-masked porcupine has Power of Attorney! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Websites lie. You'll find guns in the rack never listed in any catalog, and guns in the catalog that are never manufactured, let alone imported to the US. How long has the Camo/stainless Tikka been listed on their website? Ever seen one? I think the SHOT show has a lot of concept weapons that never make it to the sales counter. Gun writers see some stuff the average guy will never lay his hands on.

Two weeks? Dream on.

Osti:

LOL!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Berettas' and other gun manufacturers' marketing might not be that complicated, but at least since I live along the Gulf Coast, the bicycle ride would be mostly down hill on the delivery side of the deal. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

In reality, a wholesale distributor or a retail dealer for Beretta, as well as for most other large gun manufacturers, has to order and maintain an agreed upon inventory just to stock the rifles. That'a why you see them more often in bigger retail outlets like GM or Bass Pro Shops.

If a smaller gun retailer is able to get Tikkas for his shelf, he has to find them from a wholesale dsitributor who is willing and able to handle a large inventory. That limits then number of Mom & Pop gun shops that regularly stock and can regularly get Beretta products. As well as products from some other manufacturers. The inventory requirements vary with the manufacturer.

I'm fortunate that I live in an area that has three different large retailers within 30 minutes of my house. As a result, Tikkas are fairly abundant where I live. But, I'm not planning on seeing one in 204 Ruger any time soon.

-BCB

Back