6br Norma for coyotes?

Longdraw1970

Curious if any of you use a 6br for coyotes. With superior accuracy, great velocity, and ultra effiency it surprises me that there are not more varmint and coyote hunters shooting this caliber? It does with 30 grains of powder what takes the 22-250 40 grains to do. Am I missing something?

I suspect it has something to do with the number of rifles and their availability for any given cartridge. There's a lot of really good rounds out there that stack up very nicely against factory rounds but without a bigger base of shooters and press they don't get much respect. I personnally like the 25 Souper which is a 25-08, but like a lot of wildcats it doesn't get much press these days. Besides in today's world if the name or numbers don't just roll off your tongue, they get forgotten and covered up by those names that people can remember.

I know where you are coming from Bigdog, but there is a thread on the Predator forum about which gun you shoot, and there is not even a mention of the br. My buddy just got his back from his gunsmith, and the first load he tried he shot a .190 5 shot group! These things shoot lights out, and have enough poop to be a great coyote gun to boot! There is a little messing around with your gun if you shoot the short, stubby little round. As an example I have to put a new follower in my magazine as well as a spacer to get it to feed out of a Remington action.

Been considering this myself for a coyote round. Have been real pleased in past with 243 using 70gr match kings on coyotes.

Yes, Sir...I do. The BR family is an excellent choice for varmints and predators. As the other posters lead too, it's limited in factory offerings so you're limited unless you want to walk down the custom/modified road.

BAT/Shilen 6 Dasher
700 trued/Shilen 6BRX
Panda/Shilen 30BR
40x trued/Hart 22BR

Gari

I had a 6BR built this past Feb. and dearly love it. Busted several yotes and 4 cats with itty bitty holes in the cats.
No damage at all. I'm using 65gr Horn. V Max loaded with 29.5gr H322. Very accurate load.

Not yet, by my books it should be running around 3200. I've busted PD's with ease out to 250 yards, good air time with the V Max. I'm not after speed but accuracy for calling. I have a 6mm Rem. if I need more hp. The BR is as near a perfect calling rig for me. This gun is used more for night hunting where my Swifts are for daytime.

Back