What kind of shells do you turkey hunt with.

Well I probably shouldnt post because I've never shot a turkey but if I was going to. I'd use my 3" mags, 6 shot, 1 1/4 oz of powder, made by Federal, bought at Walmart, very tight pattern.

ive used 3.5 inch 5 shot winchesters on a bird did a great job thinking about getting a 20 guage because if i cant kill em with the 20 i dont deserve it

hey cody m have you ever empted a 12 filled with 3.5s, i hunt deer with a 7 mag and that doesnt compare to the recoil of my 12.

Quote:
hey cody m have you ever empted a 12 filled with 3.5s, i hunt deer with a 7 mag and that doesnt compare to the recoil of my 12.

oh ya...done that on more than one occasion...it was actually while hunting goose in september...i use 3.5's for goose too, and in september all you are wearing is a t-shirt...and your standing...in a boat...but there not to bad now, ive gotten used to the recoil

The first turkey I shot was with a Remington 870 20gauge using Remington 3" #4 shells.Now I use a Benelli Nova 12gauge with Hevi Shot 3.5" #5's.

I was going too get a turkeys permit this year but we ran out of time. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif Good luck though!

Last edited:
NITRO 3 1/2 inch mags.

40 yard target. 38 pellets in a 3 inch circle

100_1449.jpg

Back