woodpecker call for foxes

foxhunter

hi, i would like to know more about using the woodpecker tape to call fox.when is the best time to use it,early morn,late evening,during night,or are all these times good thanx for your help

foxhunter,
I have the yellowhammer woodpecker tape which I have used for coyotes. I don't think I have tried it on foxes yet, but it works on coyotes. You are probably hunting/calling reds where you live, but here in Nevada, we have grays and kits. I know the kits are pretty much nocturnal, and I would say the same for the grays since I have yet to call one in during daylight hours. But I guess foxes are foxes regardless of where we live. The woodpecker tape woould probably work, but maybe early morning and after dark. Can you hunt at night with a light where you live? If you can, give it a whirl.
I have had very good luck using the rabbit distress tape after dark for the foxes.

foxhunter

If you use the EC caller do not turn it up very loud.

To judge how loud to make the calling.

Set up your call have a friend work the voulme. You need to be about 100 yards off.

As soon as you hear the sound have your friend mark the caller. This would be your lower setting.

------------------
Kevin Bowler
Support NRA Vote Freedom First

Back