Has anybody ever seen..........

Cory B

Has anybody ever seen gray fox in Minnesota? I found one about a month ago, laying on the road dead right next to a McDonalds bag. All the times I have called or spotted a fox it has been nothing but a red. Just wondering what areas are they known to be in and if this is pretty rare.

------------------
Cory

Years ago, probably 10 or so, an acquaintance of mine who is a trapper in the river bottoms around redwood got one in a trap. I don't know how abundant they are around our area though. Not related but different the same, a local trapper got a otter in a ditch around here this year, says a retired conservation officer.

good hunting!

RB

Game and fish say there is a few in the cheyenne river valley in ND so i could see there being a few just about everywhere in MN

------------------
"Aim small = miss small"

I dont know what it is lately, but last week I just shot a oppussom in my chicken coop. The thing scared the sh#$ out of me when I went in there to feed the chickens. So now I got another speciment to hang on the wall, its in my freezer down stairs, which my wife is not to happy about. Can a guy even get one of those things taned with the tail the way it is? Next on my list is a badger, I just hope I can actually call him in.

------------------
Cory

Cory-

I just talked to Jeff Olson from Olsons Taxidermy in Redwood Falls and he said that someone brought in a grey fox that was hit on the road a couple weeks ago. He says they are pretty rare in this area. Have a Merry Christmas!

RB

Now I know why I avoid Mcdonald's. One dead fox is proof enough for me.
wink.gif

Jackal are you coming to the predator masters hunt in ND in january 25-26th drop me an email if your interested. my parents have a cabin at maple lake i always thought that might be some good calling area.

------------------
"Aim small = miss small"

Back