A couple suggestions.

Tackdriver

Well Nasa was talking about changing parties, here are some other things I would like to see done.

1. Vote independently for Vice Pres. Totally seperate ballot line. They can run together if they want, that's their business, but I just have hated having to support Cheney. Id vote for Bush again though, in a hot second. And I think Cheney is killing the Republican party. Not to mention is friends.

2. Eliminate "winner take all" laws. The problem with these laws is that all you have to do is campaign (pander) to a large city within a state to get that state on your side.

3. One of the downsides of our current 10 year term limit on the Pres. is that if they get elected a second time, they are free as a bird in a tree. They dont HAVE to care what the people think, they can do whatever half-baked thing they want, because if the people dont like them, whats the worst that will happen?

But I see the whole rational of not getting another FDR @Yalta in there.

So my proposition is this. You can be Pres as many times as you want but never twice in a row. Or maybe you have to take a breather between your 2nd and 3rd terms or something.

I think these changes would really re-shape our current political system for the better. It would still be 2 party, but I think it would get past a lot of the institutional forces that currently slant those parties in the direction they do.

Back