Anyone use Trail Timers or Cameras?

boogieman

I just ordered a Hawkins trail camera to try and patteren the movement of a certin coyote or coyotes. I have several places to hunt that are full of sign and scat, but the coyotes have been call shy to say the least, hanging up around 200 yards at Night and really working the wind and cover at any other time.

Figured if I could pattern them I might just be abel to ambush them on a daily rout. Was wondering if any of the ADC guys had used these cameras or this technique in there work.

Thought it also might come in handy when you shoot the neighbors dog to have a pic or two of him leaving the yard with a chicken.

------------------

Good Hunting,

The Boogieman

LOL So you got some ckicken stealin neighbors.Good solid proof is always a good defense.

But,seriously I have never used a trail timer or cam but was looking at a couple at bass pro.I think they might be worth a shot I't be pretty cool to get a good feel for when critters are moveing and where.I think they could be a very useful tool if used right.Let me know ho the work for you and I might be lookin to get a couple.

Later,
Justin

i have had many camtrakker camera systems .They are a lot of fun while they last and you take some great pictures with them. i have had six of them stole i will not buy any more
frown.gif

to dam expensive to loose them. Let me know if you want to see some pics i have taken with mine

You can get some interesting pictures with them. Hope this works.
http://lw9fd.law9.hotmail.msn.com/cgi-bi...m%2drs%2dc17%2d nite%2d3%2d01%2d01%2ejpg&hm___qs=curmbox%3dF000000001%26a%3d3a8ac6ed4aebb6b0a7406724dade545f%26msg%3dMSG986362299%2e1%26start%3d1459956%26len%3d15308%26mimepart%3d3%26disk%3d64%2e4 %2e8%2e69_d1560%26login%3dutahtrapper%26domain%3dhotmail%2ecom&file=cougar-cam-rs-c17-nite-3-01-01.jpg&domain=hotmail.com

A thought came to mind while sitting in traffic. And it was that I could have some fun setting this camera up behind me on stands. How many times have you walked back out from a stand only to find tracks on top of yours? I know it has a few times to me.

------------------

Good Hunting,

The Boogieman

I have used the camtrakker for deer and hogs but never thought to use it for yotes or foxes. Thanks for the idea, I am now planning to set one up at the kayco pasture and see if the yotes are going that way. I have not seen them for the past 2 weeks.

Boogieman,I owe you one.

Doc

Back