Ink Pen Calls

Lonnie

Several years ago I met a trapper at a convention named Willis Kent that made calls from the barrels of click type ink pens. They were sure handy to keep in a shirt pocket while hunting just in case I saw a predator. I know that Mr. Kent died but I wondered if anyone was making calls like that anymore.

Lonnie,

Roy Finley of Finley Furs in Claude,TX is now selling these calls from what I understand. His phone# is 806-944-5464. If you get one let us know how you like it.

------------------

Lonnie,
Those calls are now being produced in Broken Arrow. The orginal calls were made out of wood, and would clip into your shirt pocket, and were made in Coldwater Ks.I ran across some of the calls at a sporting goods store while on a hunt around Clayton NM.I'm sure one could pick some up in a Tulsa or Broken Arrow store. They are a neat and effective little call.
Good luck and have a great day.
John

Last year I robbed a useless bellows call of its tiny rodent squeaker reed and inserted it into a ballpoint pen tube. It made a great little coaxer but it slipped away from me on a call stand one morning and I've seen it no more.

Back