"Formula One" Newt Sterling's stuff? on fox, yote traps?

redsnow

I've dyed and waxed traps for years, would like to know if anyone has used Newt's water-based dip on their foot-holds? I just dunked part of my water traps, they look good, but almost afraid to try my canine equipment till after a good word or 2.

Last edited:
You don't have the odor you do with the other stuff since it's using H2O and not gas. I've heard it works great and I heard it's junk, something about holding water under the dip and rusting the traps instead of preserving them. Only thing I can recommend is you try some and see if you like it or not. Jeff

OK, it's been a month so far, traps look good. have not had a chance to use them on critters. my traps, setting in the sun/weather are looking good, i'm impressed. anyone with info, please respond.

Can you smell any odor with your nose on the trap? I was wondering about the product myself. They seem to not want to answer my question on info, on this product, at the trapperman site. Must be a big secret? If it is his own product he must have done a patent search, and applied for a patent, what is the big secret? T.20

My wife says my nose doesn't work! when i first opened the can of "Formula One" that was the first thing i done, was sniff it. it darn sure doesn't smell like paint, if it does have a smell i can't smell it. i don't have the can here now, but you mix it 3 or 4 to one with water. (1qt. dip with 1 gallon of h20.) i thinned it a little more than reccommended, because it was like gravy. i first wanted it to break the outline/shine on my snares. my snares look really good, Newt told me to dunk them 2 times. 3 times would probably slow down the snares? that's one of the biggest reasons i posted this thread on this site, i wanted different opinions. i've only dipped my snares, and about 2 dozen water traps so far. i had to dunk my mb-750's 5 or 6 times but they look good, i have about 3 gallons mixed in a 5 gallon bucket, it only takes 5 minutes to dip a box full wait about an hour and dunk em again. i like it so far. still would like to have more info.

Back