Harris Bi-Pod Question

Tac.20

I would like to purchase a Harris bi-pod, but I am unsure which adjustable height to get. They carry 6"-9", 8"-13", 11"-25", 13.5"-27" ...I was leaning towards the 13.5-27" one as I will be sitting most of the time, but I would like to hear your opinions. Thanks.

Hi, My wife and I have the Harris bipod as do many of our friends. I believe Harris is the best but think their model numbers are screwy and confusing. We all have the HB25C S which is the 13 1/2 to 27 swivel, also the most expensive. The swivel is worth it. I don't think any of us are much over 6 foot and my wife is 5'7" and it works for all. Also I must mention that we've made the shooting sticks, seen on this forum, For under ten bucks. We tailered, modified, and adjusted them for our needs and use them almost exclusively now.

My preference is the same as Greenside's for using the 8-13" swivel bipod for prone position shooting and carrying shooting sticks for times when you have to sit and shoot. As you can see in the photo below, the bipod and the shooting sticks do not interfere with one another. I carry the sticks with on just about every new stand if I don't know the lay of the land. Then if I can't find a place to lay prone and use the bipod, I can use sticks and find a good place to sit.

Shtg-stxs-w-rifle--small.jpg

my preference at the time being is also a small to medium harris swivel bipod with some sort of shooting stick/s. I just bought the Allen shooting stick/ walking stick at Walmart and love them. Before I thought that the longer bipods were the way to go but they are just too much work. The right combinatinon is with out a doubt a smaller height bipod ( I had do be at a deciline to shoot with my longer bipods) and a set of shooting sticks. Also with my preference being with the shooting stick singular because you can walk with it extended or shoot at any various height with a left or right shift. The other thing is that if you are hunting and only have one choice of bipod and no shooting sticks ---- go with the longer ones because of the obstacles between you and your far off target.

Hi, Not to steal anything but to share my version of the sticks made by photos shared earlier by Silverfox and others. Just got camera so this is also a test.
P1010004.jpg

Hi, Somehow lost my post. Thanks to who shrank my first photo. Again here is my break down version. It breaks in half to fit backpack.
P1010008.jpg
P1010013.jpg

Tac,
I have two pair. The large ones and my shooting sticks I made I use for hunting. The short ones 6" to 9" I put on any gun that I want to shoot at the range bench. I think they are better than any sand bag set up I ever had. I just use the rear leather sand bag under the stock, but the short 6" bi pod in front. And oh, don't get the swivel one for the short one for the bench. I bet you will find you shoot tighter groups than you used to with just bags. Just my 2 cents

Back