Washington Spring Bear Results

Cougarbait maybe next year. we had fun last year. with the bobcat. fawn's everywere. and dont tell anybody about me missing. still cant believe that one. Rick /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Last edited:
Bearman... Of the seven that I know of, no one got drawn. I have not checked with my boss. Not sure if he knows how to look it up. Maybe I can help someone else, at least I could get out and call a bit.

I am bummed that I didn't get it, but it now allows me more time to prepare for our Alaska hunt.

Last edited:
I feel for you guys,if i had to draw my spring bear tag i would be a wreck waiting to find out if I got one!Spring bear is like a rebirth for me every year,back in the mountians on the green grass....

NONYA - I hear ya. It is tough for me, and I know that it is tough for Bearmanrick. One of the main units is only 5 miles away. Makes for great afterwork hunts.

Here is a post that I found on another board about the CF unit.

To be honest, it is quite accurate.

Here is the whole thread http://www.refugeforums.com/refuge/showthread.php?t=431807

Quote:
I got a tag last year and it turned out to be a big "goat rope".
WDFW "awarded" 100 tags to "lucky" hunters in the Capitol Forest
If you're not familiar with the area just picture this:
It's a warm spring day, birds are chirping and bees are buzzing. 20 or 30 spandex clad cyclists are zipping around on mountain bikes, two carloads of facially pierced mopes from Evergreen are wandering around smoking dope, 5 or 6 diesel crewcabs festooned with N*** stickers attest to the presence of camoclad yuppyboys scouting for the last 10 easterns in the area and amid all this natural splendor comes yours truly followed by 99 other dorks who have gotten the same "privledge" from WDFW to hunt spring damage bear.
At this point it becomes obvious (even to me!) that the only purpose of this so called "hunt" is to put so many people in the woods that even the most self deprecating clown of a bear would not come within a mile of the "damage areas" which are meticulosly marked on a color map provided by WDFW to all the lucky hunters so that we can all concentrate ourselves in the same area thereby assuring that the discharge of any centerfire rifle would be absolutely irresponsible and stupid.
Great "hunt".
I decided not to apply this year.

unhippy

I just checked and got selected for Kapowsin South /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif. Anyone have any tips on how to hunt this area? Also, what are good distrees sounds to use for bears? I would think a fawn distress call would be good, but haven't tried calling for bear before.

Thanks for the help,

Blackjaw

blackjaw, a fawn in distress call will work. It did for me last year. I'm wondering if you're aware of the access fee for the Kapowsin. I heard it is $300 this year. Are you willing to pay that much for your bear hunt?

Back