Curt's Revenge

Bluedeacon

I was teasing Curt in an earlier post, and thought in all fairnss, I had better give him a chance to return the favor so here goes.
A few years back, I was running a trap line and calling to supplement it. It was late in the season, and I had pretty much called all the closer in areas more than once so I dropped down into the greasewood flats about 50 miles from the house. At the time I had been trying to use 55fmj's in my .223 to minimize pelt damage and save money. At this time I had not killed more than a couple of yotes with it, so I had yet to run into all the problems associated with it. Anyhow, I've been calling all day and finally around noon get one to answer, it won't come in so I move around on the other side of it about a mile away. There really is no place to set up so I just kneel down in a little bit of a greasewood clearing and blow the call. This young yote comes charging in about 1 minute later at top speed, gets an "oh **** " look on his face and turns sideways about 6 yards away, the scope fills with fur and I pull the trigger, ( I have no idea where, just fur) I right away see just a red cloud fill the scope as well as my peripheral vision. The full metal jacket took his right shoulder bone and drove his left shoulder bone out and left about a volley ball size hole, this thing is a mess!!! The weather is turning nasty, this is the only fur I've gotten all day, it's a 50 mile drive home by dirt roads, I am NOT going to set this mess in my bronco with me, and Iam NOT going to leave it. Fine! I'll skin it here. Hmmm, not a tree in sight, no fences, nothing, nada, zip. I'm a country boy, hell I can figure this out, so I tie the yote's hind legs to the front bumper and start skinning. I get past the hole and am doing pretty good until I get to the shoulders, I start to pull, HARD, the rope breaks, I go over onto my ass, and have 20 lbs of bloody stinking coyote guts right in my face. #$$^^##. No water of course, nothing to wipe my face off!! I head home, NOW! By the time I get home it is snowing, 2" on the ground, colder than hell, my wife walks out, see's me as I'm getting out and screams and starts running over to me, at about 3 feet away from me it looks like she ran into a brick wall, she comes up short, holds her breath and says "You _ucking stink, your not coming into my house like that" She makes me strip down, outside in the SNOW guys, and hoses me down in the front yard before I can get in the house.
Two things, hollowpoints are that damned much more. and 2, if you blow up that bad, leave it!!!

Is that how you got the name of Bluedeacon?
I'd be blue too if I got hosed down like that.

Neat story, just be glad you didn't break down or get stuck on the way home and have to stop somewhere and ask for help.

Oh how I would love to have captured THAT hunt on video!! Top seller for certain.
smile.gif

ROFL BD Thats quite a story there. Like Mr. Cronk said a top seller for sure.

------------------
SWNMHUNTER

Happiness is a gut pile

Thanks , I have not laughed that hard for a while . I took one the other day , and when i shot it it started venting , ( im sure you know what i mean )Nice fur , BUT i couldnt bring myself to skin that bugger . It blew a big wet one when it got shot , it had been eating cow s&&t or sompthing bad . I had to leave it . I felt bad . But i still smelled good . LOL. jerry .

In the words of SWNMHUNTER,

Happiness is a gut pile

Ummmmmmm....... except when it's on top of you.

Great story Bluedeacon.

Ryan

Back