cottontail or snowshoe distress???

crosshairs

How much of a difference in sound is there between the cottontail and the snowshoe distress cries? I live in far northern wisconsin and we have lots more snowshoes than anything, I didnt even know a snoeshoe distress was available, thought it might work better. If you guys have advice on any other calls you think would work good let me know. Thanks in advance

some may not agree , I live in wash. on the east side of the cascades , we have snowshoe here , but not around where i live , I use cottontail , jackrabbit , snow shoe , calls . they all work , the coyote doesnt care what it is making the distress sound , they dont care if they have never heard it before , or if it does or doesnt sound familiar , in fact its better if they have never heard it before , as long as it sounds hurtfull , I.E. scream , cry , wailing like death is horrible and painfull , it works .The best thing to do is get out there , throw it at them , and see what works best for you . Woodpecker is a all time favorite , and producer for every caller i know . you never know what is going to produce , unless you try it . Hope this helps , Jerry .

------------------
If you call them they will come-- FOX PRO.

Jerry,

I have not come across a woodpecker distress call yet. Since buying calls seems to be my hobby lately, (lol) who makes a good woody call?

Mark

------------------

crosshairs, I'm a bit to the east of you in the UP of MI. and we've got both rabbits here too. I've used both snowshoe and cottontail calls (tapes) for coyotes. Since I haven't used a tape caller for years, I can't really remember the sounds. Both have called them in, so I really can't say which is better. I've got an assortment of mouth calls too. I just noticed that my JS PC-1 says "An "ALL IN ONE" call! Jack Rabbit-Cottontail Long Range-Close In." This would suggest that they may sound pretty similar. Nevertheless, the calls work here. MI VHNTR

Back