for Raandy W or anyone to answer

d2admin

Administrator
On the night callin stuff. I keep reading where you use these powerful lights in the field but nobody says how you power them. My red light that fits on my rifle has its own small battery that I charge then it fits in my pocket with a cord to the light. But the big 1,000,000 candle power white lights, how do you do them? I don't feel like carrying a car battery into the woods with me.
Please give details on how some of you guys do this., thanks Pete

------------------
Knee deep in brass

Pete..The big lights we speak of are mostly all 12 volt spotlights powered by the vehicle we are driving. We call right from the vehicle and shoot from there as well. I carried a car battery when I was a kid,,,not that much fun. I did just get a new brinkman rechargable flashlight that is 75,000cp. It would work well to carry. Hope this helps...see ya'..Randy

Well you can plug it into the cigarette lighter of you truck or go buy a little deep cycle lawnmower or motorcycle battery.I've found the work good and are not too heavy..I have a battery now that I bought at Wal-Mart for $30 I've had it about 6 months now and It still gives me about 5 hours of good light.I have also heard of people useing cordless drill battery packs and even cell phone batteries never tried them though, maybe someone in here has. Hope this helps.

Later,
Jbrad

I use a 12 volt battery for my scope light and you can also use it on a spotlight if you don't go crazy with it. My battery is a 12 volt rechargable feeder battery that I have used for night hunting and it works fine. I can run my scope light on this battery for about 6hrs straight. I am not sure exactly how long it will run a big spotlight, but my scope light is 300,000 candlepower and I hunted a contest in West Tx last weekend and it lasted all night. I tested it the next day and it was fully charged still. I ran this light that night for approx. 5 hrs. Hope this helps.

------------------
Bus-Bus

Back