NEW RIG!

statelinerut

Went to the gun shop to just look and look what I came out with. Savage 93R17 with a Tasco 10-4-x50mm scope. I cant wait to zero it in and get on some crows. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-006.gif

100_0670.jpg

100_0669_00.jpg

Got the same marlin too, thinking about putting a tufflight on top and knocking the snot out of a few yotes. Very nice toys you have there boys

I am looking at both the Savage and the Marlin in 17 HMR, what do you guys like/dislike about the two?? I like the accu-trigger on the Savage, but how is the trigger on the Marlin?? It is supposed to be pretty good.

kevlars

The stock trigger on the Marlin is ok, but it will not compare to what the Accutrigger can give you. The Accuttrigger will only go down to 2.5 on this model. The Marlin stock triggers I have tried are a lot more than that. You can buy a rifle basix trigger for around $75.00 to put on the Marlin, and you can then go lower than what the savage Accutrigger can give you.

Nice!

I have two of the Marlin 917v's. One's in HMR and the other is in M2. Used the M2 on a crow that was across the channel up in a huge oak about 100 yards away. Took'em down quick.

Back