Yote calls

hogin204

Need some help and recommendations on hand Yote calls. I guess looking for yote howl and injured rabbit call? Just don't know where to start /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif Do most calls come with a CD to learn and practice?

Any help appreciated

You can learn alot from the regular videos, dvd's and etc. I'd go with the calls here on the custom callmaker's topic. I've bought commercial calls, and use them, but I wish I'd bought some of these awesome pieces posted here! PM the makers when they post some and ask them about the sounds they make. Buy the entertainment videos, then buy the works of art posted here and get to practicing! (The money is about the same, to tell you the truth!)

Rainshadow1:

What DVD's should I start with and name of custom call makers should I look/talk too ?

Thanks for your help

You could try the DVD "Calling Coyotes Like the Pros"
It is a 2 DVD set and covers all the bases; rifles, calls, camo, set-up's, scouting.

Call the people at AllPredatorCalls.com and they will take care of you right. When you get the DVD there is an entire section on call selection and use. Watch that and then decide which style you prefer. Until you know how the different types are supposed to work and what looks good for your style, it is almost impossible to point you in the right direction.

For basic all around use you can start with 3 calls. A close range enticer, a medium range cottontail squeal, and a long range jack rabbit squeal. Even if you live in a part of the country that doesn't have jack rabbits the call seems to work real well and the tone seems to carry a good distance.

I like the Randy Anderson videos for basic stuff. Byron South and the Hunting the Night Shift boys are on PM here too, and have good products. I also like the Hunter's Specialties Operation Predator and the Primos videos for entry level calling instruction and good hunt footage. Likely cheaper too, check e-bay if all else fails.

As to custom makers, just look at the forum and keep an eye. Start talking to the guys there. They seem to be good guys.

Back