Movement on stands?

Bluedeacon

I would like to take a little poll and get some opinions here. If your on a stand and a yote comes in from a direction other than where your pointing, how do you swing to him, if he's going to stay in view? I was told to do it slow as a glacier, which is kind of hard. Do you snap over? Try and stop him, then snap, or move real slow? Or what, let's share some techniques here guys.

hi there

taken one this morning.It's kinda like deer hunting and wait till he walk's infront of something or he's looking straight ahead and stopping and looking.in between those time's it's best to pull up if it's shotgun or not.
wait a sec and pull.My buddy waited for the same thing this morning shotgun in hand.Thinking he was to far about 45 yard's was going to pick his rifle up and pull on him.Well i'm thinking he could have done it being the coyote was looking dead at me.He did'nt and leter fly..
smile.gif

Good hunting.

HC..

I try to use a smooth, slow, deliberate swing on a incoming coyote. Which can be easier said than done at times especially if they show from an unexpected place and are real close. I only move when the coyote moves. If it stops to check things out I don't move. Unless it acts like its not coming any closer then I just slowly ease the rifle around and get on it.

------------------

When he's movin you move slowly. If he stops you don't move. If he's under 50 yards and I got a shotgun and a clear shot he's mine.

Coyotes pick up movement well. If you have an ecaller and its out in front of you 50 plus yards and he's tuned into the caller you can move slow if he's stopped and he might not detect your movement.

Best thing is to move when he does or is behind a solid object. But move slow but steady it's easy usually.

I use a slow steady movement. I try and wait till the coyote of cat is looking away or behind some cover, but if this is not possible I'll just move real slow. Sometimes they'll see you and run but most of the time they just seem to watch me and try and figure out what I'm doing.

Later,
Justin

------------------
My pics
My web page

Slow and deliberate..Kind of like a second hand on a clock. Once the coyote is focused on something else is when I move. I like to set my rifle at right angles..if a coyote comes in from that direction, to my right, it's there, if he slides in from my left, I find it a lot easier and stealthy to move my upper torso to the left than it is to the right.

Bob

If you've ever seen the video "Bustin Coyotes" there is footage in it that has one fella giving hand signals to he shooter/caller as to where the coyote was. Which was just below him about 30 yards. The narrator commented that if a coyote is focused on the sound then a bit of movement from elsewhere many times will not get his attention.

Back