1st day calling

Bluedeacon

Well I finally got to go calling to day, woke up at 0530 with 4 hours sleep and got the hellout of dodge. The 2nd stand I thought I would try this ladder thing everyones talking about. I saw the yote coming in, raised my rifle, but couldn't hold it steady. (Nothing to brace on) Tried a death kiss and he turned down wind and just kept at a lope, behind her about 80 yards following was the blackest yote I've ever seen. It mirrowed her moves, when she turned, he turned, but instead of being at 30yards, he was about 100yds, and never quit moving. I did get to see more, but I don't know if it's gonna benefit me, being up there since I have no brace. Made over a dozen stands all day, never saw anything else but like they say, "a bad day hunting is better than a good day working."

Bluedeacon, bottom line the ladder thing works though? If you had a rest you would of nailed the dog?

TNT your website on the ladder does not come up when you click on it. (error).

Yeah Dog boy, it does work, the guy on the website said movement doesn't bother them as much, and since I was kind of expeiermenting any way, I tried a couple of things. He was comin straight at me and I didn't try to move slow or wait for him to stop. Normally on the ground the results in them doing a JATO (jet assisted take-off)The guys was right, they yote didn't like the movement but it didn't bother him as much, he came in at a liesurely lope, I moved, he very gently cut down wind and just kept the lope, never changed pace or stride. The second yote, I would not have seen from the ground, and although it never gave me a shot, if the pair would have been younger, (instead of young/old, I think with a rest I would have had a shot at the 2nd one also. On the website he shows a brace that will work well. Personally I liked the whole idea, it won't be used exclusively but it dang sure has it's place.

I've also seen it used. It's a must for thick manzanita and mesquite. It will open up areas you would never consider hunting in otherwise.

Bluedeacon, Every coyote i call in has a black one following mirroring it's movements.
It usually disapeares when the sun goes behind a cloud! HEHEHEHEH LOL

------------------
"Aim small = miss small"

Back