First one for the year didn't come easy

Predator Paul

If I can give some advice, here it is:

If you are having trouble with a scope....TAKE CARE OF IT!! Remove it from your rifle. Place it under the tire of your truck and run over it until it will no longer fit in the mounts. This "should" prevent you from trying to use it again.

I did not. I used it again and again, even after having repeated problems. And it cost me the biggest Bobcat I have personally seen yesterday. But I REDEEMED myself this morning! Thanks to "Single Shot Fred" helping me mount a new scope and sight in late yesterday.
Thanks Fred! I owe you one.
smile.gif

This cat is nothing to laugh at but you can't believe the one I missed yesterday. It made this guy look like part of the litter. The other one has not seen the last of my .17 however. I'll be back in the area with new and delicious treat for him later.
biggrin.gif

Paul

View

View

------------------
"watch your backside"

[This message has been edited by Predator Paul (edited 12-09-2001).]

Great bobcat Paul! That actually doesn't look like the typical "cat country" where I have seen them. That looks lots more like typical coyote country. Is there heavy cover or a canyon that the pictures don't show? Still waiting for my first kitty. I have some good leads on some cougars, so hopefully over the holidays I can bag one. What call(s) were you using here?? And what did you get for a new scope?

Good luck on the one that got away.....

Muss

Great job Paul!!! I'm glad you went back out!We saw one this AM but could not bring him back in....maybe tomorrow?

------------------
==================================
Those who beat their swords into plowshares,
will plow for those who still have swords...
=======================================

Muss,
Actually, that is on the other side of the road where I called. I thought the background was better. I also had to put the camera on the roadside guard rail post as I was alone. It's hard to take a picture by yourself!
The calling was done in pinon covered draws with grass bottom openings between.
Nikon was the new scope. Leopold was the one I was having trouble with. It was dropped hard last year. Not the company's fault.
I was using a JS Squealing Bird and a Rhino hand call for backup. Also around my neck is Al Lux's new open reed for pup wines, howls and other distress sounds. It's awesome!

Paul

Paul , you never stop amazing me on the cats, that is a beautifull animal , you are a patient man , I sure wish i had some cats up here . Good choice going with the nikon , i wouldnt trade mine for a truck load of leupolds . Keep it up , I envy you . Jerry .

------------------
If you call them they will come-- FOX PRO.

Back