1 for 2 on the day.......

purdygood

Well Reaper an I got together this morning and made a full day of it.We had a couple dry stands early .Then we went to another place and within 7 minutes we had one come to the call from up wind about 25 yards out.We were set up in some pretty thick brush and weeds.Reaper was set up by a mesquite bush with the call out in front of him about 25 yards.I was set up about 30 yards downwind of him also by a mesquite bush.Any way this yote came to the call from the up wind side.he was sneaking by the caller.Every time Reaper almost had a shot at him he would move behind something ,a bush twig or weed.Then he headed in my direction ,I didn't see him till he was about 10 yards out in front of me.When I moved my gun for the shot he noticed and departed the OA(operating Area).

We then gathered everything up and moved about 1/4 mile and found another place to set up.This area had a little better field of view.Reaper sat the caller up and then it started.After only a few minutes here came another coyote from the upwind direction.He jumped a weed patch and caught Reapers eye.Then he rounded a bush right beside the caller.I seen him and had his head in my sights .He paused as he looked at the caller as if to say "where is lunch at?"The only shot I had was a head shot about that time I seen him drop out of site.Reaper put one into his shoulder he dropped like a rock.Reaper wasn't sure if he had hit him.I knew he had I seen him fall.He had a 22-250 entrance and no exit.We figured he would weigh 25-30lbs.We made a few more dry stands before lunch. Then we went and ate and found a leaky tire.Had to see about getting that fixed before we continued the hunting.We made a couple more stands in the area (where Reaper got his this morning) after lunch to no avail.Then we made one more in another place before we called it a day.We heard howling but couldn't get any takers at the stand.
We left and it was dark.I really enjoyed meeting and hunting with Reaper and can't wait to do it again.

Thanks Reaper.

------------------
Ray
"Any bad day huntin' is bettern any good day workin'"

"If they run they will only die tired"

[This message has been edited by purdygood (edited 12-08-2001).]

[This message has been edited by purdygood (edited 12-08-2001).]

Purdygood you just left too soon cause later that night business picked up a little.
you can check out the pics on my new post. one is of the one we took.and then later conquest after that.
I had a good time.

Sounds like you two had an awesome time...Jason and I went out a few months ago outside of El Paso...hit all the roads in the area and Jason even made some on his own....the next morning ol' Jason had 2 flat tires....talk about pissed off.

Now ya see...PM is responsible for getting 2 more like-minded hunters together..it's a beautiful thing
wink.gif

Reaper,
Did you go back to where we made our last stand and heard them howling?

------------------
Ray
"Any bad day huntin' is bettern any good day workin'"

"If they run they will only die tired"

purdygood,we did go back to that same place but not the same spot and still no dice .I dont understand why but I guess thats why they call it hunting .I suppose they are all full of calf and dont want no stinkin rabbit or woodpecker.
For those of you who dont know this particular place we're talking about the rancher claims to have lost 4 or 5 calves this year already. I've only hunted it the one day maybe I'll have better luck another time,the place is full of sign so if they're there I'll surely kill a few.Remember you must belive to acheive.

[This message has been edited by Reaper (edited 12-10-2001).]

Back