coyote fell to distress kitten, pic

howler

heard this guy howling about way up on a timbered ridge, he wouldn't come down to the creek bottom so I went up after him, He had given me some challenge barks earlier so when I set up I gave some challenge barks back, and then went into the distressed woodpecker, I hadn't give this call before so I wanted him to hear something new, after about 20 minutes he showed up on a bald adobe ridge about 200 yards away, I contemplated on taking him there but decided to try and get him closer. so I give him the distressed kitten, this guy couldn't get to the fox pro fast enough, shot him straight on at 80 yards tiny 17 entrance hole No exit
fe163067.jpg

Good going there Howler. That looks like a fairly light colored coyote. Have you heard what prices will be around there? Is anyone buying them in the round? I've got a bunch I want to get rid of and no one is buying them around here.

I see a little snow on the grass there. Has most of your snow melted? We still have 6" or so on the ground. The temps have stayed pretty cold, so it is not melting too fast here.

Hello SilverFox, I went thru Williston the other day couldn't believe my eyes Snow all over, We just haven't had much, The only guy I know who is buying fur is a fellow out of Grass Range I don't have his name right now but I will get it to you. The forecast said that the coyote fur surplus was at all time low and that good pales should go for around 35 to 40 bucks, the guy in the photo should go for 25 maybe 30, thats skinned and stretched of course.
going to try it again in the am

Hey Howler, nice job! Have you used the "kitten distress" much before? I have that on my caller but have not used it much.

Take care

Volume: on my initial woodpecker calls I used about 1/2 volume, thats the norm for me unless its windy, but when he was hung up on me, about 200 yards away, I used the distressed kitten at very very low volume, his ears were perked right at the caller, I could barley hear it but he had no problem

Hey good looking coyote Howler. Were you using continueous sound with the FP? How far out did you place the caller from you? Thanks

------------------

I'm coming out on january 2nd howler and then i can post some pics like that and have a great story to with it.

------------------
"Aim small = miss small"

Back