Remington 700 LVSF discontinued?

defoxer

I read in a previous post on this forum that the LVSF is being discontinued. Is this true? Anyone know why? Is it still in production?

Remington website is still carrying it as an active advertised model. I saw something similiar about one of the calibers in that model no longer going to be offered though. Just can't remember which caliber it was though. Maybe 221 FB.

sure hope they dont, as they are great calling rifles! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angry-smiley-055.gif

I dont know if they are being discontinued but Cabellas had them on sale in sundays paper for about $599.99 ($200.00) of reg price.It said closeout but I dont know if that means Remington is closing them out or if Cabellas is. They had .204, 223 and 22-250 listed.They are a nice gun I have a synthetic stainless fluted remington and it is accurate but pretty heavy. This one would probably be just right.

The LVSF is listed in the new 2006 Remington catalog. There are 5 models listed: 17 Rem., 204 Ruger, 221 FB, 223 Rem., and 22-250 Rem. MI VHNTR

What bothered me most about my LVSF, other than having to send it back for other issues, is that it is advertised as part of Remington's Varmint line (free-floated barrels), when in fact there are two pressure points in the fore-end of the stock contacting the barrel. I did not find out until I broke it down for the initial cleaning, then . . . surprise! I am sure they are there for a reason, but why? Is it a quick fix to an overlooked design flaw or the original design?

Candidus, I thought that too! Are the pressure points there as a cover up or just to keep the price down, saving free floating?
The cost of a new LVSF here in England is, wait for it................£780, that's $1300....!!!!!
The stock, unlike the VSSF is only pillar bedded AND has a blind magazine same as the ADL.
What other issues did you have with yours?
UKF.

Free floating isn't the do all end all... Some of my best shooting rifles I've ever had used the pressure point system.

If it shoots will with the pressure point I'd suggest leaving it there. Especially with a synthetic stock.

$bob$

Quote:
I read in a previous post on this forum that the LVSF is being discontinued. Is this true? Anyone know why? Is it still in production?

The production year of '06 the 700 LV SF will be available

"Certain calibers may be subject to stock on hand but to my knowledge the gun will continue in the line through 2006.
Gregory A. Foster
Director of Sales,
Military, Law Enforcement
and Federal Agencies"

Copied from another Forum

Back