Fox hunting

slayer

Hey guys,
This is my first time on here. I have been reading over the discussion board and was wondering if some of you guys hunt right beside your truck for fox. When i go out i go to the edge of a field swap or thicket where i find grays and call . I get in and out as quickly as possible (to the set up) so i don't get my sent around. It works for me but some guys i know say they put the caller on top of the truck and sometimes they rest off of the truck . I was just wondering if you guys hunt the way i do or if you have as good of luck hunting by the truck.

Hey Slayer how you doing? And by the way welcome to the board. As I was reading your text, I was wondering are you talking about hunting at night or during the day. If you are hunting at night you should have no problem hunting out of the truck, and I would do it this way every time. As far as out of the truck during the day, I have never tried it, but have knows some guys to have some luck on cat's and coyotes doing this.

------------------
cody coyote

Thanks cody coyote
I was talking about nite calling sorry i should have specified that. I will try it next time i go out. The points i have heard about it are good. they say if a fox is coming in he is coming in. Plus they can't see past the light just have to get up on them and drop the hammer. thanks
as the guys that do it that way would say.
"I am not out there to get exercise i am out there to kill Fox."

Hey Slayer, I'm guessing you are talking about grey fox here. I have called greys in and had to wait for them to circle around the front of a white F-100 before I could shoot about 5 ft from me in the afternoon. I have had good luck calling day or night from my truck with the greys, they are, in my opinion, alot more aggressive than a red and most times come barreling right in looking for the source of all the noise, and on more than one occasion they have laid down in front of the recorder. Hope this helps some

Back