Tikka plastic clip

love the rifle hate the clip mine would never feed right I had to take it apart and totally over haul it with shimes along each side it would let the shell try and double stack them selves (in a single stack clip) and when you closed the bolt it would not pickup the shell and go right over the top of it the rifle is 1st class the clip has none what so ever in my book

3 Tikka's no problems. The plastic is quiet compared to metal. Pops in and out great. Feeds very quiet too. These guns are accurate enough that I don't need to load up on clips.

Quote:
Blakeinator, it was as if you were speaking for me.... Spooky /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I have a .22-250 T3-Varmint and a .204 CZ 527. As soon as the T3 Lite is available in .204 Ruger, the CZ is going up for sale.

Lol, i won't wanna sell my cz after i worked it over, shaved the bolt to accept low scope rings, bedded etc. Its a nice little gun but it would be hard not to look at another tikka if they go .204. I'd prolly eyeball the laminate stainless lite if to do again...and its prolly what i would have bought instead of the cz but the only two guns i know of that have detach mags in .204 are the cz and i see it in some local catalogues for the sako varmint...$$$$$ too rich for this guy...and too heavy anyway. C'mon tikka, hurry the heck up.

I should add, i emailed beretta and asked the same question on when tikka was going to offer the .204...and i got a response saying there doesn't seem to be any plans for it yet, nothing for 2006 forsure. Oh well, that'll help cz.

B

Last edited:
"I'd prolly eyeball the laminate stainless lite if to do again"

Hey, That's what I'm looking for; a SS barell Laminate stock in .223. I, bite my tounge, may be able to somewhat over look the clip issue for that.

Does Tikka offer this gun in the USA? The Beretta USA web-site lists a T3 in Laminate stainless down to med action only; .243 being the smallest cal. aviliable. However the finland web-site does show the gun in the shotest action (.223). This made me think us Yankee's can't get 'em.

So far the only laminate SS bolt gun in .223 I've been able to find is the ruger M77 sporter, I just started looking recently though.

Nope cant get it. I contacted Beretta and they said it wasn't being produced even in Finland. They said that they import all calibers that are available in each model. I love the way they look too. It may be my next rifle as well.

couple days late but wanted to say bought one tikka to try, fell in love now own 3. plastic clips may feel different, however work fantastic. very durable . if you prefer hinge plates , stick with what you like.

ba223.......you can get either off of their website, if you want to part with $75.00 or so give or take. I want one in 223, but am not willing to give that much just for a spare. I looked pretty hard for one somewhere else, and all I turned up was 22/250 ones for about 40.00 or so. I would give that for the one I need, but they can't be had.
Barry

Back