Interarms Mark X

I have one in .308 and it shoots 1 1/2" groups at 150 yrds with 150 grn bullets. It has the same action as the Howa aand Weatherby vanguard.Also my barrel was cut to 16" and had a 2" comp added. I wouldn't part with mine. Gave $275.00 for it 3 years ago.
Buy it, you'ii like it.

The Mark X is a commercial Mauser 98 action made by Zastava or Whitworth of England, not a push feed Howa/Vanguard action. The Whitworth models are worth more.

I have a Zastava Mark X in .308. The action is a little rough, but it is dead nutz accurate. Factory trigger pull is gritty, heavy and long, but it is adjustable and cleaned up ok. Lots of aftermarket triggers available as well.

Last edited:
I have the 30-06 version that shoots pretty good, 5/8 inch at 100 yards. used to have the 22-250 Interarms MK X and it was pretty good also. It shot about the same. I never checked to see how long the free-bore was in the 22-250, but the 30-06 is about 1/4 of an inch longer than I can load for the box magazine with any pointed bullets (the longest throat I have ever seen in any gun, even Weatherby's). like I said, bothe shot well, I sold the 22-250 to get another .223 just because I have had better luck accuracy wise with them for alot less powder. I use alot of Sierra 55 gr. Blitzking's, so you have to watch that you do not go over 3600 fps with them and since the 22-250 is hard on pelts at high velocity, and you can download it, might as well be shooting .223 REM. The Sierra 55 gr soft piont (not Blitzking) works good in 22-250, but again hard on pelts. One other thing, the twist is 1 in 14 on the MK X. I like a little faster than that....JOHN

Back