mcmillan a5 stock on the Savage Model 10FP-LE2 .308 Tactical

marcus_rubbo

dose anybody have this setup, or know anything about mcmillian stocks in general...im looking at buying the .308 tactical and putting the a5 stock on it...mabye some nice leaplod glass /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif any info will be awsome!

I have shot the factory Savage Tact. 308's with their version of the McMillan stock. It shot very well. I did not know the A5 was avaiable to fit the Savage rifles. I do recommend the factory Savage with their McMillan stock option over the std one!

thanks...and i have heard that the savage actions are not very good....not even close to the remington 700....is the action really that bad or are these people exagerating on how bad the rifles are put togeather?

You here lots of people who have no or little experience with one brand bash it in favor of their fovorite. Read some of the gun rag articles recently about Savage and they will impress you. Shoot a few and you will own more. I have shot the 308 FP10 in a standard stock and it was extremely accurate and contrary to the big thread going right not it consistantly shoots under 1". I will post a couple of pictures of targets that show multiple groups on one piece of paper with sub moa groups.

I shot my LE2B last week at 600 yards, doing some load testing...

180NosBT600yds.jpg

I like the McMillan stock. The LE2B has increased in price a bit, but you should be able to find one for around 750 dollars if you shop the wholesale suppliers.

As far as Remington verus Savage... Uhh... we won't go there! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Dan

If you get the Savage and the Rem you will and put both on the same stock you will not notice the diff. in accuracy. The only diff you will notice is in your wallet.
I have both in sniper rifle forms and have used both in call outs both are moa accurate, I would have both barrels lapped though as I found tooling marks consistently in them.
Just my .02 take care shoot strait Mike /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Back