How not to ASK permission to hunt coyotes on a farmers property.

dpowers

I had a guy call me and ask permission to hunt coyotes on our farm on Saturday. He just asked me over the phone and then commenced to tell me that he killed a 115 lb bobcat on my neighbors property. Now, I am by no means an expert, but that seems 2-3 times larger than the largest bobcat that I have ever heard of.

If this is within the realm of possibility, I will stand corrected. Then I'll leave the AR at home and start toting the 7mm Mag.

Sounds like one for Ripley's!! BTW-I think I was near your place when I shot that pack of hyenas last spring... Where's your place again?

Pretty close. Directions.

from Plano, go 10 clicks NE, Turn SE and go 10 more clicks,
SW 10 clicks, and then NW 10 clicks, and then you will be in the heart of Hyenna country. they run 200-250 lbs and have at least 12 pts. on each side.

Out.

After reading this post I went searching the net for the biggest bobcat on record, I found nothing. Does anybody know?

I have to say it is one I shot a few years ago. It had a 2' long tail and it weighed 220 lbs. It's hooves were as big as coffee can lids, and it's feathers were prime. Darn thing stuck its head up out of its burrow and sounded the all clear sound for the rest of the colony. I didn't have much time, but I opened up on 'em all with my .17hmr and got 8 with 5 shots. Remember, it is all about shot placement. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

J Holly:

ROFL!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Excellent!!!!!...... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gif

-BCB

How long did it take you to think that one up? That is too funny. But seriously now, what kind of bullets were you using for the HMR? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

The best way to get permission to hunt is wait till the farmer is headed out his driveway stop em, then lay your gun across his hood take aim and shoot at the coyote chained up in the front yard, Garanteed results!

Help when I heared about the size of J Hollys cat I headed for your place I don't know what went wrong I followed your directions precisely but I ran out of gas will you bring me some gas I think I'm 10 miles S.E or S.W. of your place..

J Holley!!!!

I am hiring a lawyer and aim to collect damages for your post 'cause I read it and laughed so hard that I lost my A$$ and my doctor says it's gonna cost serious jingle to buy a new one. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angry-smiley-055.gif

GOOD ONE!!!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gif

Three 44s

Last edited:
115 pound Bobcat? Bring in one that big and I'll eat it,
guts, feathers and all. I know, somebody is thinking, "I gotta find one that big", I'll check to make sure it isn't stuffed full of lead.

J Holly, you my friend are clearly dealing with a lesser subspecies. Why last night i harvested one that went 350 lbs sported a six foot tail, hooves like 5 gallon buckets, AND 14 points on each side. Did i mention the feathers? They were already in Metz flytying packs, grade A. Oh and lets not forget, when i shot him with my pellet pistol he ran right to the pickup, jumped in the bed and died. PShh you think you have skill....
lol i literally fell off the chair when i read that

If this guy said he shot a Bobcat that big....i'm thinkin the guys at the local construction equipment rentals need to be checkin their stuff out for bullit holes lol..........Heck, he just shot it, I've known fellers who would ride these things and mak'im push dirt and such......

Back