Jimmy Houston I used to have a little respect for the man.

Watching the videos pretty well convinced me that I have no use for any game farm anywhere.
It looks to me like we need to take the money out of deer hunting.
I used to watch hunting shows on Saturday or Sunday. No more. I can't stand to watch Jackie Bushman shoot another deer in a food plot in Texas.
At this point, I'd be happy to shut down all game farms. They encourage disease and a complete lack of sportsmanship.

Went to his website to try and find his email address, it wasn't there /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angry-smiley-055.gif(suprising huh!)Nothing but a mailing address. Looked in the forum area and noticed he has almost 500 replys to a comment on the video as of today 2/6. Hope his sponsors rethink backing this ___hole!

reminds me of a Kieth Warren video I saw on OLN where he was trying to explain to the viewers how difficult it was to kill a WT buck in a 4 acre enclosure....Fn sad.

Well all I can say to everyone bashing the fence hunting in general.Dont come crying when other "REAL" hunters dont support or seek to get rid of shooting coyotes or any other animal just for the fur. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

This practice has been going on for years. Two of the "Big" hunting areas in Michigan have such canned hunts. The 1st place that was started, is only about 5 sections at the most. Tell me how they produce so many animals of trophy quality. It isn't the food suppliment that they are promoting. Prior to hunting season one could count several semi's going into the "compound" loaded with pen raised deer. You figure, they are having 6-10 hunters a week at minimum and each is killing a trophy quality animal. This goes on for 3 months. The shame is, Texans are starting and running the outfits. They are also promoted by every large hunting video producers like Realtree, Primos, Keith Warren and so on. People need to wake up.

Fur farms are NOT promoted as an ethical adventure like so many of these hunting "farms" are. What they are doing is like setting a trap in a fur farm and saying "I caught one".
It is a big business with many milllions invested with lots of big names promoting and endorsing them. Bring a few reps from Remington and Weatherby and who ever else trying to show its a fair chase. Guess we need to look deeper in the background for deer chasers and high fences in the shows and videos.

Quote:
Fur farms are NOT promoted as an ethical adventure like so many of these hunting "farms" are.

Well believe it or not there are hunters out there that feel fur farms or trapping should be banned because it's not fair chase.Where does it all end.The term "Fair Chase" will be the death of us all in time.But I can see I wont change any minds here.Some will just have to learn the hard way,when they find themselves not being able to do what they use to because it was deemed not "Fair Chase" and attacked by so called fellow sportsmen.One other thing how is high fence hunting any different than the beef you eat.Cattle arnt given a "Sporting" chance.There just ran into a hold pen and shot in the back of the head with a bolt gun,or a farmer who lures that nice steer with a bucket of corn.But I geuss thats different because it's what you eat.Why is one animal held in higher regard than another?There animals not people or some sacred calf.If it's done within the law,I personally dont care if they were tied to a tree and shot,they still taste just as good.

Last edited:
Quote:
So are you against fur farms as well? Or shooting animals in traps?

no not at all

Do you believe ethics do not have a place in our sport?

Quote:

no not at all

Do you believe ethics do not have a place in our sport?

If it's within the law it's fine with me.Just because one mans ethics are'nt the same as someone elses doesnt necesarilly make it unethical.One other thing people seem to miss is the fact these high fence areas are on private property.And I feel it's a property rights issue as well.

These canned operations do nothing but give the Antis ammunition in thier quest to take away our hunting rights,even if it is LEGAL it doesnt mean its good for hunting.It is considered hunting by some but it is a black eye for the sport in general,it was outlawed here in Montana and it made me proud when they turned thier backs on the big money oiperations and did somthing good for our hunting heritage.

Also how many of us use e-callers for coyotes,is it an unfair advantage.Some seem to think so when it comes to goose and duck hunting.The ones using them dont think so and I dont either.How about baiting for deer out in the woods,some are against that but dont see a problem with hunting over a cornfield.Do you see a pattern here.Little by little our rights are going to be stripped away and we'll have no one to blame but ourselves. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif

BlakCoyote, I must disagree with you. Canned hunts and high fenced hunts, just cause they are legal does not make them right. They do not give the animal a fair sporting chance. Baiting if legal is fine in that everyone including the animal has a sporting chance. Your example of the farmer and his cows is totally off base. The farmer is not raising his cows to have people pay to kill them. He is raising them for meat for the general public. He is not calling it sport. If a person wishes to shoot a pen raised animal let them, but it is not a sport, and all it does it look bad for our sport. I think we are standing together and saying that this practice is not hunting. Sorry but a canned hunt doesnothing good for our image and as "So called" sportsmen we need to defend and present our sport in the most positive light possible. If that means I disagree with practice then so be it. Good luck on your next canned hunt...

I gues despite the everything, this is not hunting nor is it sporting. If a person wishes to do this and it is withing hte confines of the law so be it. But do not lie and call it sporting or hunting, cause it is neither.

Last edited:
Never been on a canned hunt,and probably never will unless all our public hunting land is gone.But I wont knock it,nor anyones else way of doing things.After the canned hunts are gone who's going to be the next target?Trappers?Predator Hunters?Prairie dog shooters?Cross-bow hunters?The list could go on and on till there's nothing left.

I killed an elk in a high fence once. Drove up to the fence, poked the rifle though the fence, sighted in on the one I wanted and pulled the trigger. It was a large cow calf. She tasted good. It wasn't a hunt, it was killing an elk for food. Nothing wrong with that.

And, these high fenced "hunts" are not inherently evil as long as they aren't misrepresented as being something they are not. I fear that's what JH did and that's what ultimately got him in trouble.

Quote:
I killed an elk in a high fence once. Drove up to the fence, poked the rifle though the fence, sighted in on the one I wanted and pulled the trigger. It was a large cow calf. She tasted good. It wasn't a hunt, it was killing an elk for food. Nothing wrong with that.

And, these high fenced "hunts" are not inherently evil as long as they aren't misrepresented as being something they are not. I fear that's what JH did and that's what ultimately got him in trouble.

Exactly. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif
One thing I can say is I commend those on this thread for not letting it turn ugly. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Back