GSP X2------Yotecallr

vargy49

Thank Yoy very much for a great time!!!
Im really sorry i had to leave so early!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
You guys have some super nice land there. i look forward to coming back.
Here is part of the details of yesterdays hunt with these super nice guys.
170 mile drive and i get there just about daylight.i had 10 hounds with me. 4 are just pups less then a year old.
I let them all out to streatch and get collars on them.
we get to the first ditch and i cast Hunter,Sandy and Eva.I keep tracking them and said they have to be in a hole the way the tracker was reading.I walk in with me 2 terriers in tow with me.I find hunter way up in a hole in the creek bank.he was so far i could hardly hear him. I get him called out and casey goes up in the hole and a few sec later he pulls a coon out. first time i ever seen a bobtail coon.I spank Hunter and GPS meets me and helps get all back to the truck.
Now this is about the worst weather conditions we can get. Cold and the wind is blowing about 30MPH.
We get to another creek and i send Hunter,Sandy,Annie and kate in.Wasnt 5 mins and we hear a few barks.Few more secs and all hell breaks loose.All 4 hounds are screaming.e make the next road and they are covering some ground. They beat us there.
Now with the wind blowing so hard we couldnt hear them much for the next hour or so.
All we could do was fallow them with the tracker. I fianlly get close to them and we seen them coming to the road.They get across the road still running hard barking every breath.
When i started moving again my truck makes this alful squealing sound. I start again and man somthing is wrong.I try backing up to hear whats going on and no reverse. My tranny just shelled. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif 160,000 miles so i guess its time.:(
Now they are getting in some big brush country. we still dont have much luck hearing them with the wind.
For the next hour or so we track them around and around a big sec with hearing them just a few times.
Finally get to the end of the sec and the tracker showed they werent moving much.
Well we walk in and find them bayed up in a big brush pile. There was no way seeing in this thing. We got them caught and tryed another ditch.
All i have is drive so its a challange to hunt. LOL
We get the hounds caught and try one more ditch. We could see them come all the way thourgh and then lost them. yotecaller says he can hear hounds barking back on the north side. We get in there and they are bayed up in another big brush pile. Well time to call it a day.
I had plans on hunting all weekend but with my tranny messed up i decided to call it a day and try to linp the old truck home. No revers and no overdrive but i mad it home.
Thanks again you guys for a great time. Maybe next time the weather will be better and my truck wont break down:(

Thanks Vargy

Back