Any of these guys on the site

1lessdog

Now these are some real COYOTE HUNTERS.To me they are a real piece of work.Do any of you guys know these guys.Maybe the Newspaper clip should be sent to there home town paper.

Coyote hunt brings fines for eight Wisconsin men
By RICHARD HINTON
Bismarck Tribune
Eight Wisconsin men have been cited on a variety of charges stemming from a coyote hunt in Barnes and Griggs counties last week.

One man, Francis Stockheimer, of Stratford, Wis., was charged with criminal trespass, harassing wildlife and driving on PLOTS land, all class B misdemeanors.

Charles Regele, Marshfield, Wis., faces one trespass charge and one charge of harassing wildlife. Daniel Frey, Marshfield, Ronald Wells, Stratford, Dustin Bodendorfer, Marshfield, and Daniel Steffen, Marshfield, face single charges of criminal trespass.

Donald Schueller, Marshfield, and John Sikora, Marshfield, are charged with hunting without a license.

The fine for harassing wildlife is $250; hunting without a license is $200 and the charges of driving on PLOTS land and criminal trespass are $100 each. Each man also has to pay a $225 administrative fee.

North Dakota Game and Fish Department game wardens seized 37 coyotes in the case. The coyotes were sold, and the money - $471 - went to the North Dakota Wildlife Federation's Report All Poachers program.

"They were having a good time chasing coyotes," Dick Knapp, game warden supervisor in Jamestown, said Wednesday. "They had the idea that every landowner in the country liked what they were doing, but they ran into landowners that didn't like what they were doing."

The men jumped coyotes in pickups, chased them until they got in range, then shot them, Knapp said. Pursuing furbearers in any motorized vehicle is illegal.

Their names appeared on a list of individuals cited for fish and game violations that NDGFD began releasing weekly. Depending on the cases, the Tribune either will publish a story or include the names in the Nubs section in its Thursday editions. No names appear in the Nubs section of today's edition of the Tribune.

(Reach reporter Richard Hinton at 250-8256 or richard.hinton@;bis-arcktribune.com.)

I wouldn't consider what these guys were doing as hunting. Glad they got what was coming to them, I can only wish that the DoW got the guns and the truck too.

Quote:
About time some of this type got caught!! That is NOT hunting.

I agree

They should have used an airplane and charged $200 an hour.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Is that a picture of the gang the article is talking about, at the top on the left? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Rooster

Last edited:
I completely agree that this is not hunting. I am pleased that they were caught and fined as they should be, however....

I can't tell you how many times I've heard of people chasing coyotes with vehicles, snow machines, and ATV's and calling it FUN! No wonder we as ethical hunters get a bad name and even worse "press". Whenever I hear someone bragging about this behavior, I either tell them that I don't appreciate their attitude and actions, or if I don't know them, I simply say that I don't approve and walk away.

They won't stop, but at least they know some of us are proponents of "fair chase" and do not tolerate or condone poor ethics.

My .$02!

Rustydog

What losers. I'm not sure if it make the local papers, but I do know that it made the local television (Wausau) evening news because I saw it. I was [beeep] the moment I saw it.

Ok, these guys erked me so bad I looked them up on the Wisconsin circut court web site. One guy has been convicted of the following offences in WI:

1) hunting over bait after legal hunting hours
2) use of excess bait -- greater than 10 gallons
3) illegal shining of deer or bears
4) repeat fish and game offender
5) faliure to check dry (land) trap every 24 hours

Back