Predator Masters using UBB.threads ô Infopop Corporation.
PM Gear Moon & Weather

Welcome to the Predator Masters Forums
Be sure to visit the main Predator Master website at

PM Gear
PM Gear
PM Gear
The Official Predator Masters Search Engine
Search Predator Masters

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#387122 - 01/30/06 04:18 PM Pittbull Question
RezDoggin Offline
Die Hard Member

Loc: Northern New Mex
I'm hoping someone here might be able to help me. My dog a Rott had his first run-in with a pitbull the other day.we were out on a hike and this pit bull attacks my dog while on leash, and had him by the throat but let go after about 3 minutes or so , not too much damage done just a little puncture. What I want to know is what if anything can you do to get one of those dogs to let go when this happens. Needless to say I'm packing now!

#387123 - 01/30/06 04:25 PM Re: Pittbull Question [Re: RezDoggin]
cougerbait Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: NORTH CAROLINA
A bullet in the top of the head seams to work pretty good. I hate those things.

I also would like to hear of a good way. I think that it has to be in the will of the dog to let go!

#387124 - 01/30/06 04:26 PM Re: Pittbull Question [Re: RezDoggin]
NASA Offline
PM is my life

Loc: 40.02N/105.25W

#387125 - 01/30/06 05:18 PM Re: Pittbull Question [Re: NASA]
25-06 Offline
Predator Master

Loc: Tucson Az.
Quote:

http://www.beststungun.com/

I would pack a handgun and the next time it happens just shoot the damn dog

#387126 - 01/30/06 05:56 PM Re: Pittbull Question [Re: 25-06]
RezDoggin Offline
Die Hard Member

I dont want it to come to that but I've been packin! The first time I ran into the owner, I was headed up there with my Yote gun figuring I'd do some calling once up there. Well she feaked out when she saw my rifle and started telling me to watch out cuz her dogs were with her, somewhere. They were off down the hillside cuz I never did see them. I told her not to worry i wasnt huntin dogs! Not them kind anyway.
This time she had them off leash again and mine were on leash. I just wonder what will happen the next time.

#387127 - 01/30/06 06:50 PM Re: Pittbull Question [Re: RezDoggin]
NASA Offline
PM is my life

Loc: 40.02N/105.25W
If you shoot her dog, she will sue. You were carrying a gun, that is premeditation. If you only wound her dog, you will also be liable for the tens of thousands of dollars in medical costs she will surely produce.

Zap the dog with a stun gun the next time it attacks. That will knock it out cold. No marks, no injury, no law suit, and dog thinks twice before attacking again.

#387128 - 01/30/06 07:07 PM Re: Pittbull Question [Re: NASA]
I.O.N.Doyle Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: Southwest Idaho
I don't know if it would help any but you might want to consider filing a complaint against her and the dog. May not have any effect now but in case of any future lawsuits you will have documentation that there was a situation. Nothing helps more in court than time date documents. Also, if anybody else has had problems and reported it you may be able to prove and ongoing problem. Doesn't mean that you need to press charges on anybody just shows proof if needed.

#387129 - 01/30/06 07:27 PM Re: Pittbull Question [Re: I.O.N.Doyle]
Cougardaville Offline
Predator Master

Loc: Albany county, New York
I hate to hear these stories about pit bulls. I have one myself and she is the smartest, most loyal, faithful and well behaved breeds I have owned. BUT they are power houses! Just as the Rott these dogs have amazing jaw strength, speed and good eye site. Bottom line, this breed has NO BUSINESS out of the owners site! Mine is at my side or contained. She's trained and been tested on the training, should she fail, such as attacking another dog for no reason, I would put her down myself! I agree you should report this dog, if it made an attack on your dog, it has done it before and will do it again. The reason these dogs get a bad rap is because of the owners! This breed needs to be with its people, they are devoted like a German shepherd, leave them alone and they will get in trouble, and it will be big trouble! Glad your dog is ok!

#387130 - 01/30/06 07:48 PM Re: Pittbull Question [Re: Cougardaville]
crapshoot Offline
Retired PM Staff

Loc: Henderson,Nevada,USA
Get a bull.

Average response time for a 911 call is 10 min.
Average response time for a .45acp is 900FPS.

Remember, if you're not pissing off a liberal......You are one!
Ted Nugent

#387131 - 01/30/06 08:32 PM Re: Pittbull Question [Re: RezDoggin]
vargy49 Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: iowa city iowa
I agree with turning it in for having a record of it. I run hounds on many miles of country. people have no right to shoot my hounds unless (I quote) unless my hounds are threating them or thier live stock etc. one of my buddies had a hound get shot last year for no reason and it cost the guy $4000 plus the charges he got. if this dog attacts your dog for no reason yes you do have a right to destroy the dog.The stungun might be alot easier to carry and should be effective to stop it. even a small bat in your hind pocket.

Vargy

#387132 - 01/30/06 09:17 PM Re: Pittbull Question [Re: vargy49]
Dmcgee Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: Waco, TX
I work at a Vet Clinic, Some people hate pitbulls, just because they're pitbulls. The truth is there are a lot of people that buy them and treat them like crap so thats what the dog does to people and other dogs. But majority o pits I have encountered have had grat owners and are great dogs.
I if a dog is trained to fight thats what they will do its not their fault its the owners. But if my dog were attacked by a pit I probaly would kill the bastard or see to it that the owner must put it down.

Edited by Dmcgee (01/30/06 09:20 PM)

#387133 - 01/30/06 09:52 PM Re: Pittbull Question [Re: Dmcgee]
cougerbait Offline
Die Hard Member II

My neighbor and I were standing in his yard a couple of months ago, and watched this pit bull chase a little girl into the house when she was in the front yard. The dog then proceeded to come our way no aggressively. It came in to my neighbors yard and started to sniff around. Looked like he was going to leave a nice steaming pile! From 50 yards away I just started to say go home. The dog went into attack mode. It came at us and we separated a little bit enough so that the neighbor could get a couple of heave objects. At the time the dogís attention was more on me. He also told his wife to call 911. He had a heavy level and all I had was a thick broomstick handle. When hit wife opened the front door to give the description to the 911 operator the dog turned on her chasing her into the house. Once the door was closed we were back as the primary targets. A couple of minutes later we see this lady pushing what appeared to be a toy baby stroller with a new born in it say donít hurt her she is a nice dogÖ?????

She came into the front yard and put a lease on the dog and it was like the dog snapped. It was totally different. She was calm and docile. We started to tell her what was going on and that she needed to do something about this dog because of all the little kids in the area. She said that she has never had a problem before. I them proceeded to tell her that if that dog ever comes into my yard with either me or my kids out there that the dog will not be coming home. She said well do what you have to do I understand. That is not a comment of a good dog! And it was like she didnít care.

By the time that the sheriff got there the dog was on a leash and nothing was going on there was nothing that he said he could do. I have had a couple of run ins like this with pit bulls. None of them being good.

Since then the dog has been seen wondering by the school with no owner around.

#387134 - 01/30/06 10:38 PM Re: Pittbull Question [Re: cougerbait]
vargy49 Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: iowa city iowa
cougerbait
i sure wouldnt let this go. i would keep a close eye on this dog!!!

Vargy

#387135 - 01/31/06 07:39 AM Re: Pittbull Question [Re: vargy49]
cougerbait Offline
Die Hard Member II

The only problem is that we aren't sure where exactly that sh lives. Thank god we haven't seen this dog in a while now.

#387136 - 01/31/06 08:30 AM Re: Pittbull Question [Re: cougerbait]
RenegadeHunter Offline

pepper spray

#387137 - 01/31/06 11:04 AM Re: Pittbull Question [Re: RenegadeHunter]
RezDoggin Offline
Die Hard Member

Thanks Guys for all your comments. Well, I didnt have a chance to get my hike in yesterday but I will today. I guess I'll see what happens. I do hope she has that dog on a leash. If she doesnt then I will have to inform her that I will be filing a complaint. As far as being sued for any damages if something should happen, I'm not real sure how that would go due to the fact that this Lady is for one Tresspassing on that particular property,the rez that shes on has a no pit rule and also any dog out in public must be leashed.So I dont know how things would turn out. The owner seemed to be reasonable and was very apologetic when the dogs got into it so I'm hoping she would take it upon herself to either leave that dog at home or have it leashed. My dogs will remain at home till this is all settled though.

#387138 - 01/31/06 12:43 PM Re: Pittbull Question [Re: RezDoggin]
Cougardaville Offline
Predator Master

more on the pit bulls...last night on the news there was a report that our local animal shelter was broken into. Pit bulls were the breeds that were stolen. The cops did a great job tracking down the suspect since the moron went in earlier and viewed the animals and left his name and address. Now the sad part is they also found the dogs, one was so badly injured it was put down, the other is still hospitalized. The spokesperson from the shelter said, the male that was put down, was an awesome, goofy, lovable dog..he is dead! These dogs were stolen to put in dog fights!! This makes me irate, it goes on too much here, and they are busting up these groups that fight them. BUT, then in the areas where we know the fights are happening we also have pits running the streets, attacking for no reason...these dogs are fought and wounded, turned out or escape! Dog fighting for sport is just SICK!

#387139 - 02/01/06 12:16 PM Re: Pittbull Question [Re: Cougardaville]
RezDoggin Offline
Die Hard Member

Well, I went on my hike yesterday evening and sure enough I ran into the pitbull and boxer off the leash again. The two dogs came charging towards me and of course I was armed, anyway the owner yelled at them and the pit stopped about 50yds away while the boxer just veered off and started sniffing in the trees. It was a good thing I didnt have my dogs.
The owner finally got them both on a leash and approached me on the trail. I told her that I thought it would be a good idea to keep the dogs on the leash at all times due to the fact that it was apparent she did not have much control over the dogs especially if other dogs were present.She tried to tell me it was'nt right for me to be armed, I let her know that I had a license and as long as she continued to have that dog in the area I would remain armed.She got bugged with that so I'm sure thats not the end of that story.

She did have some type of muzzle straps on both of the dogs that didnt allow them to open their mouth fully.She made it a point to point that out. I told her I figured that strap would last only a few seconds when that dog fights another dog and it gets pulled off. It didnt look very strong!

I informed her that the area where we are at has many people walking,including elderly people and kids, also there's people with dogs that are off the leash.I told her I was concerned and she should be too. I asked if she just moved here because I had'nt seen her before. She stated she had been in the area for about three years and use to walk another area on a trail which is less used . I kinda suggested it would probably be a good idea to go back to that area before somehthing did occur.

The Lady then begans to tell me that the pit was a dog that was rescued and that the previous 3 owners had problems with it attacking other dogs. She stated that one of the owners trained the dog to fight.

Finally, I tell the Lady if she continues to let the dogs off leash I would pursue the matter through local law enforcement and that I would not be responsible for my actions when protecting myself or someone else from her dogs. She agreed to keep them leashed, so the saga continues!

Do you think I should go ahead and file a report or just wait and see if she goes back to her own stomping grounds?

#387140 - 02/01/06 01:47 PM Re: Pittbull Question [Re: RezDoggin]
cougerbait Offline
Die Hard Member II

I would file a report. That way every thing is all ready on record in case some thing else happens. She all ready admitted that there has been issues in the past with this dog. It is only a matter of time before it happens again.

#387141 - 02/01/06 03:21 PM Re: Pittbull Question [Re: cougerbait]
RezDoggin Offline
Die Hard Member

CB,
I was kinda leaning in that direction too. When she mentioned that dog has problems when other dogs are around or the fact that it was trained to fight at one time. That really bothered me.

#387142 - 02/01/06 04:57 PM Re: Pittbull Question [Re: RezDoggin]
Eddiemats Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: Staten Island, NY
Make the complaint. Hopefully it will prevent another dog owner or parent from dealing with what you have experienced lately. Stay armed and walk with your dogs as well. The lawsuit is a scary thing to deal with but your personal freedom is more important. Once you have set the tone legally and you have given this woman proper advice, you are better set in the event you have to defend yourself or your dogs. My uncle, a NYC police seargent once shot a massive Akita while off-duty. He was walking his own giant and loveable Newfoundland when it was viciously attacked by the Akita. Once that fight was over the Akita came for him and he shot the dog. The owner also had a family memebr that was in the NYPD and threatened charges, while my uncle replied that he would sue as well for damage to him and his dog. The case ended there.

#387143 - 02/01/06 05:34 PM Re: Pittbull Question [Re: Eddiemats]
RezDoggin Offline
Die Hard Member

EDDIE,
Your right "Personal Freedom" is at stake especially when i've been walking up there for 19 yrs and never had any problems till now. I like dogs just as much as the next person and I feel if your gonna take them out in public you have to put in the time to have them atleast leash trained. If the shoe were on the other foot and I did have a dog like that,I'd have him in my fenced yard protecting my stuff and that would be where he'd stay! To risky for my likin!!!!!!

#387144 - 02/01/06 05:43 PM Re: Pittbull Question [Re: RezDoggin]
Cougardaville Offline
Predator Master

This person is setting the dogs up for "failure"....make the report, and stay out of their path. No, you should not have to..but we know how this stuff goes. A dog TRAINED to fight is now a weapon, not a dog, what a shame this continues to go on.

#387145 - 02/01/06 06:05 PM Re: Pittbull Question [Re: Cougardaville]
RezDoggin Offline
Die Hard Member

I agree 100% ! The bad thing is it's always at someone elses expense not the person who ruined the dog in the first place

#387146 - 02/01/06 06:13 PM Re: Pittbull Question [Re: RezDoggin]
I.O.N.Doyle Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: Southwest Idaho
I would file. Just because you file does not mean that it has to be used. But if you do need to use it you can't go back and have the past situations documented the same.

#387147 - 02/02/06 05:11 PM Re: Update! Pittbull Question [Re: I.O.N.Doyle]
RezDoggin Offline
Die Hard Member

Update! Yesterday, no woman,no dogs!
Waitin to hear back from the Sheriff.

#387148 - 02/02/06 05:26 PM Re: Update! Pittbull Question [Re: RezDoggin]
cougerbait Offline
Die Hard Member II

Fingers are still crossed. Hope all turns out well!

#387149 - 02/02/06 05:32 PM Re: Update! Pittbull Question [Re: cougerbait]
RezDoggin Offline
Die Hard Member

Thanks CB, I hope she took the advice and went back to her o'l trail where she came from!

#387150 - 02/04/06 12:08 PM Re: Update! Pittbull Question [Re: RezDoggin]
chris112 Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: SD
File the complaint if only to have a history of trouble with that dog and idiot owner. I had to do same with a neighbor a while back and they havn't let their dog run loose since.

#387151 - 02/08/06 12:53 PM Re: Update! Pittbull Question [Re: chris112]
RezDoggin Offline
Die Hard Member

Well, I made the report so it's on record and it's been a week since I've seen the Lady or dogs so I think she may have taken my advice and returned to her o'l stomping grounds! I 'll give it another week or so or at least till my dog heals up before I head up there with them on leash of course.
Thanks for all the suggestions and well wishes!

#387152 - 02/24/06 12:08 AM Re: Update! Pittbull Question [Re: RezDoggin]
MoparFreek Offline

Loc: Ohio
RezDoggin, this wont really work in your situation, but it worked for me last summer. I have a neighbor who we are pretty sure raises Pit's as fighting dogs. They have a treadmill that they run the dogs on and harnesses that they attach weight to and have the dogs pull it around their property etc..
In any case, last summer one of my two English Mastiff's was out in the back yard doing his business when I heard a commotion. I went out to find that one of the neighbor's Pit's had gotten out of his yard and came into my yard, I assume to attack my dog, well my dog had the Pit by the throat shaking it like a rag doll and the first thing I thought of was to grab the garden hose. I forced the spray nozzel into the side of my dogs mouth and let her rip. After about 3 or 4 seconds my dog let go and I quickly put him in the garage. I called the neighbor and told him what was going on, he came over and carry his dog home, who was still lying on the ground bleeding.He was not very thankful, which kind of ticked me off, so I told him the next time I would just let my boy finish the job.

#387153 - 02/24/06 02:22 PM Re: Pittbull Question [Re: RezDoggin]
rjh Offline
Die Hard Member

Loc: hobart ind.
What you should do is lift the back legs of the dogs up so they are higher than the head the dog will lose jaw bite presure.I have a Johnson american bulldog and a bullmastiff. I know for a fact that this works. But you should do this to your dog and the other owner do it to their dog. Don't do this to the other dog if you don't it well . You can also carry a breal stick to break the bite of the pit.But this is what I would do......PEPPER SPRAY

#387154 - 02/24/06 03:12 PM Re: Pittbull Question [Re: rjh]
cougerbait Offline
Die Hard Member II

RezDoggin,
So what is the update.

#387155 - 02/24/06 06:03 PM Re: Pittbull Question [Re: cougerbait]
RezDoggin Offline
Die Hard Member

Well fellas,
So far no more dog or lady. I guess she figured it's not worth the trouble. I havent been up there since the start of this vr hunt started Feb 11th. I been out hiking to one Yotin spot a night. Did good the first week now it's gotten slow ,at it again tonight though.

MoparF,
that would of bugged me too! The neighbor should of be thankful he had a dog left to carry home by the sounds of it.

rjh,
I hope I dont have another encounter like that again. I'm gonna have to get out there soon as this hunts over so we'll see what happens. I gotta take my dogs out cuzz their gettin a little fat.
Does the pepper spray really work?

#387156 - 02/24/06 08:28 PM Re: Pittbull Question [Re: RezDoggin]
daveyboy Offline
Die Hard Member

Loc: phx,az
Pepper spray on a pitbull.Hmm,I can only tell you my experience with that.I have on hand several cans of bear spray,Large 9 oz cans.I hear a commotion outside and see a large pit trying to chew threw the chainlink fence to get at my neighbors lab.I go outside with my bear spray and about that time the pit had went to the other side of the house and the lab jumped the fence and ran over to me.I hold onto the lab and the pit sees him and here he comes.Did I mention he was a really big headed pig.Well he gets about 8 feet from me and I blast him right in the face.That did a lot of good,here comes the sob for another faceful.He did that 2 more times and his head was orange from the spray.I run the lab into my house and I guess the pits owner heard the commotion,cuz when I came back outside with my 357 the pit was gone.So I mosey up the street and tell him what just happened and the guys coughing and eyes tearing up from the spray and I tell him next time that happens there ain't gonna be no spray but 158 gr hp in that dogs brain.He surprised me and apologized and thanked me for not killing his dog and said it would never happen again.And it hasn't.When I called animal control and they came out and took a report(covering myself also in case I had to kill that beast in the future)the guy kind of laughed when I told him about emptying my bear spray on that pit.He told me that pits were not that affected by pepper spray and he said that the attack would've continued if I wouldn't have put the lab in the house.They are a dangerous weapon in the wrong hands of a careless owner.Protect your dog and yourself.take care,daveyboy.

P.s.Sorry for the long story but I think you need to know from someone who has experienced using pepper spray on a pitbull.

#387157 - 02/24/06 10:05 PM Re: Pittbull Question [Re: Eddiemats]
pangborn83 Offline

Loc: Western NY
Don't usually post much on this site. I am mainly just a reader that has been here for awhile, but I have a pit and just felt the need to chime in. The only dog that I have ever been bitten by was a cocker spanial that bit me in the lower leg from behind while I was delivering news pappers as a pre teen he didn't even break skin. On one site that I found while considering what breed I would find a good match for me had statistics that said smaller dogs were much more likely to bite then a larger breed (probally a little bias since it was pro pitt bull) but made a good point it is much more likely to be made more public and brought to more attention when an animal severly injurres a child or another animal and lets face it larger dogs have a bigger bite for the majority not saying that is the only reason for a bad rap as was stated owners have a large part to do with that. MoparFreek there is actually some organized competitions for dogs where they attach weights to spechial pulling harnesses for there animal to see how much a particular animal is capable of not saying that your neighbor is doing this or not but then again guess you'd have to ask him why in the world he was doing this with his animals to find out even, then again you may still not know for sure here is a link to one site http://www.apbtconformation.com/weight_pulling.htm I know it sounds strange but some think we all are wackos shooting wood chucks yotes etc. Sorry it is so long, James

#387158 - 02/25/06 01:03 AM Re: Pittbull Question [Re: pangborn83]
MoparFreek Offline

pangborn83, Thats what I thought too when they first moved in, that they were into weight pulling, but I have yet to see a cart or sled. It looks to me like they are training for endurance and not strength nessecerily. I never see them harnessed to anything larger than what looks to be a single 45lb plate, we are next door neighbors, but our houses are about 150 yards apart, so I am not for sure on the exact weight.
Also when they first bought the place I had went over a couple times to welcome them etc... and we got on the subject of dogs, as I saw his pit's and was asking about them and he proceeded to tell me (while never admitting to participating himself) how his dogs were out of some great fighting dogs and so on.. In any case he quickly found out that his 40 or 50lb pit had no answer for a 217lb mastiff..

#387159 - 02/25/06 07:40 AM Re: Pittbull Question [Re: MoparFreek]
pangborn83 Offline

Loc: Western NY
That sucks I hate when people abbuse their animals with envolvement of such poor activities. Have to agree a pit vs a mastiff would put the pitt on the looseing end of the deal. I always wanted a mastiff but thought it would be rather hard for the wife to handle while I was driving and all so that did not happen I also live in the city currently so it would be unfair to them to be cooped up in such tight confines I know my pitt loves tearing around the house and his walks. Well thought I'd have to mention it as I had seen it and thought maybe. James

#387160 - 02/25/06 10:33 AM Re: Pittbull Question [Re: MoparFreek]
Cougardaville Offline
Predator Master

MoparFreek....not really none of my business, BUT if you suspect they are training fighting dogs, an onominious phone call to authorities would be a good suggestion. Your dogs made out okay, other dogs or "kids" may not?? Pit bull or any dog breed fighting is a sick sport! Once they are trained to fight, their lives are ruined, not ever going to be a trusted dog!!

#387161 - 02/25/06 01:13 PM Re: Pittbull Question [Re: Cougardaville]
6mm06 Offline
PM senior

Loc: USA
Posted for AfricaPredator.

This is what a South African Porcupine is capable of.

#387162 - 02/27/06 04:21 PM Re: Pittbull Question [Re: 6mm06]
rjh Offline
Die Hard Member

Pit vs. mastiff? With some breeds it depends more on the dog than the breed. But more so then not a pit will probably win in a dog fight. That is what they were breed for. Most mastiffs where breed to guard and protect. But it really depends on the dog. My johnson american bulldog got in a tussle with my friends pit and I had to get a break stick to get my dogs jaws off my friends pitbulls neck. So it is not written in stone but I would never think a big dog is going to win because of size. A 45 pound pit could kill my 120 pound bull mastiff because she is not bred to fight other dogs. So size really doesn't have alot to do with it. It's all about "gameness".Good website for dog breeds www.moloss.com. And the pepper spray is not a bad place to start if you can't carry handguns in public like here in chicago. It is better than nothing. But once again it really depends on how committed the dog is so no it will not work in all circumstances. In any case the pit should be on a leash especially if it can be agressive and the bottom line is it's the owners fault for letting the situation happen.

#387163 - 02/27/06 06:21 PM Re: Pittbull Question [Re: rjh]
RezDoggin Offline
Die Hard Member

rjh,
I think if your gonna be in a public area where there are kids and posibbly other animals you should have your dog on a leash even if it is trained or not. It's just better for everybody. You dont offend anyone and no one gets afraid to be in that area for fear that the dog might be off leash.
I know my wife wont be comfortable to go up there for awhile. She'll be skiddish the whole way,not really enjoying the hike at least for the first week or so.

The bad thing about it is this is actually the second encounter dealing with a pit on the same trail. the last time We were without our dogs and ran into a guy that had two on a leash that were just going crazy. I thouhgt they were gonna get loose!

#387164 - 02/27/06 10:00 PM Re: Pittbull Question [Re: RezDoggin]
MoparFreek Offline

Cougardaville, I hear what you are saying and I have been thinking of doing just that...

rjh.. While I agree a seasoned "fighting" pit would likely come out on top of a larger,say house dog, I disagree with the thought that size plays no role at all.It is really the same as the old boxing adage "a good big man will always beat a good small man"
While I was in Japan (where dog fighting is huge)I befriended a couple locals who were involved in dog fighting. Through the course of our conversations I found that the preferred dog there was a Japanese Tosa, which is a Mastiff type dog, and that pit bulls are really considered a joke. In fact as I recall they actually laughed when I posed the question of how a pit would stand up to the tosa. They said every so often someone will show up with one and the result is always the same, easy money..Dont be fooled,the mastiff was not always as lovable and docile as they are now either and will revert to type when pushed to do so, as I was witness to....

#387165 - 02/28/06 12:09 PM Re: Pittbull Question [Re: MoparFreek]
rjh Offline
Die Hard Member

A tosa which looks like a mastiff and has been bred to bring out the gameness that most mastiffs don't have another factor is that a pit can fight for a long period when most other dogs will tire out. My bullmastiff will get mean when pushed and have no doubt she is very effective (as I have seen).But I would never think she would come out on with a pit unless she got a lucky bite. But this is all really opinion and I hate to see dogs fight as that usaually hits me in the pocket book. My vet likes to see me walk in the door as I have three dogs.by the way another dog that will give a pit a good fight is the Bully Kutta.I also heard that they are fight caucasian mountain dogs in russia."It's not the dog in the fight but the fight in the dog."Good dog discussion on a hunting board.By the way these my opinions and i'm not trying to be a Smart A**.

#387166 - 02/28/06 12:16 PM Re: Pittbull Question [Re: rjh]
rjh Offline
Die Hard Member

I really ment the owners of the aggressive dog should make sure there dog is on a leash. I will not take my bulldog out without a leash and carry a muzzell in case of other dogs being present. So the owner of the pit should know the breed and take precautions just as I do.Thanks

#387167 - 02/28/06 10:17 PM Re: Pittbull Question [Re: rjh]
MoparFreek Offline

Yes, sorry for getting so far off topic, and rlh, I agree with you on the muzzle part.

I think NASA had the best idea for RezDoggin, a stun gun, but it is a shame when someone has to prepare for a dog attack just to be able to enjoy the outdoors..

#387168 - 03/01/06 12:27 PM Re: Pittbull Question [Re: MoparFreek]
rjh Offline
Die Hard Member

Yeah it sucks I love my dog and he is a super friendly people dog but i'm not naive enough to think that he is like that with everyone or every thing. About 1 month ago I was coyote hunting and was almost attacked by three feral dogs. They were actually coming at me and I had no choice but shoot two of them. The only one that didn't shoot looked like a full bred pit.Of the two one looked like it was a pit mix and the other looked like a black lab/pit mix.Both had what look like fighting scars on their faces. People like to drop off dogs by my house or they were strays who knows but I felt horrible.

#387169 - 05/04/06 12:09 AM Re: Pittbull Question [Re: rjh]
yuccabush Offline
Die Hard Member

Loc: Bernalillo

What is the latest Rezdoggin? I watched this on the news tonight and I thought of your thread. This is the only article I could find.

Dogs kill Rio Arriba man

Coyote, N.M. -- Investigators arenít sure when a man was attacked and killed by two dogs in Rio Arriba County.
The man was attacked by somewhere between the villages of Gallina and Coyote, and his body may have been there for some time.

New Mexico State Police officers are handling the investigation. The manís name has not yet been released, and there is no word on whether the dogs have been captured.

#387170 - 05/12/06 12:42 PM Re: Pittbull Question [Re: yuccabush]
RezDoggin Offline
Die Hard Member

Yuccabush,
I saw that news release! That guy was from the same area I'm from and was working for a lady up north. He had worked at this house on many occassions without any problem. I heard he bled to death cuz no one was home and they didnt arrive for a few days.
Last I heard was,the dog was in an area shelter and they had'nt decided if it would be put down.

As for my situation, I have'nt seen the lady or dogs again since I suggested she return to her more secluded hiking area ,if she still wanted to walk the dogs off leash. I'm still packing though!

A new problem arose! Now, I've got a pitbull hangin around my house. I've seen it chasing the local cats in the neighborhood infact It's chased a few right through my driveway. It has a collar on it and I've seen it at the same house a few times but mostly i've seen it in other peoples yards in the neighborhood, so it's another pet out of control. These people get pets and they dont take care of them they just let them run and they dont feed or water them! I see them drinking out of the flowerbeds almost everytime I water them! Can't blame the animals,especially in this heat!
I figure I'll give the dogcatcher a call since the pitbull issue is still hot!

#387171 - 05/18/06 12:34 AM Re: Pittbull Question [Re: RezDoggin]
smoker13 Offline
Seasoned Member

#387172 - 05/18/06 03:29 PM Re: Pittbull Question [Re: smoker13]
RezDoggin Offline
Die Hard Member

Dogcatcher contacted! I'll keep you guys updated!

#387173 - 05/19/06 01:48 PM Re: Pittbull Question [Re: RezDoggin]
smoker13 Offline
Seasoned Member

#387174 - 06/14/06 12:13 AM Re: Pittbull Question [Re: smoker13]
rjh Offline
Die Hard Member

Man people need to handle their animals. They do not realize the resposibilty the have when they have a dog that can be agressive that is part of being a dog owner. They should lose their dog before something bad happens, ends up in the news and causes resposible people tp pay the price when a breed specific law is enacted.

#387175 - 06/15/06 01:23 PM Re: Pittbull Question [Re: rjh]
RezDoggin Offline
Die Hard Member

Here's an update guys! The pit and bulldog that got my dogs riled have'nt been seen on the trail anymore and the young pit that was in my neighborhood terriorizing all the cats and dogs went head to head with a .22 ,atleast thats what the report sounded like. I heard the shot a couple of eves ago and heard the dog scream all the way home. Last ,i've seen or heard from him!

Again, the dog pays the price cuz of the owners stupidity.....

#387176 - 06/24/06 12:42 AM Re: Pittbull Question [Re: RezDoggin]
rjh Offline
Die Hard Member

ditto.....stupid owners

#387177 - 06/26/06 09:48 PM Re: Pittbull Question [Re: RezDoggin]
22cat Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: Andrews N.C.
i dont know about i pit but when i want my hounds to let go of a coon i just grab there ear, twist it a little and pull and usually i dont even have to pull

#387178 - 07/13/06 10:18 PM Re: Pittbull Question [Re: crapshoot]
MoparFreek Offline

Quote:

Get a bull.

Hate to bring this back from the dead, but for some reason crapshoot forgot to post the last pic in this series....

#387179 - 07/14/06 03:30 PM Dead Pittbull: TOS violation? Mods? [Re: MoparFreek]
LionHo Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: Ventana Wilderness, CA
While I happen to hold a dim view concerning pitbulls myself, I'm totally at a loss to find any good or compelling reason to dredge up this months-old thread--let alone add to it!

This does not reflect well on our predator-calling pursuit, even if it weren't a TOS violation, which it now would clearly seem to be.

LionHo

#387180 - 07/14/06 04:45 PM Re: Dead Pittbull: TOS violation? Mods? [Re: LionHo]
R Buker Offline
Retired PM Staff

Loc: Parkers Prairie, MN. USA
Yup, this one's dead. RIP...

At least now we know how it ends...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

© Predator Mastersô, All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.