Predator Masters using UBB.threads ™ Infopop Corporation.
PM Gear Moon & Weather

Welcome to the Predator Masters Forums
Be sure to visit the main Predator Master website at

PM Gear
PM Gear
PM Gear
The Official Predator Masters Search Engine
Search Predator Masters

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#387137 - 01/31/06 11:04 AM Re: Pittbull Question [Re: RenegadeHunter]
RezDoggin Offline
Die Hard Member

Loc: Northern New Mex
Thanks Guys for all your comments. Well, I didnt have a chance to get my hike in yesterday but I will today. I guess I'll see what happens. I do hope she has that dog on a leash. If she doesnt then I will have to inform her that I will be filing a complaint. As far as being sued for any damages if something should happen, I'm not real sure how that would go due to the fact that this Lady is for one Tresspassing on that particular property,the rez that shes on has a no pit rule and also any dog out in public must be leashed.So I dont know how things would turn out. The owner seemed to be reasonable and was very apologetic when the dogs got into it so I'm hoping she would take it upon herself to either leave that dog at home or have it leashed. My dogs will remain at home till this is all settled though.

#387138 - 01/31/06 12:43 PM Re: Pittbull Question [Re: RezDoggin]
Cougardaville Offline
Predator Master

Loc: Albany county, New York
more on the pit bulls...last night on the news there was a report that our local animal shelter was broken into. Pit bulls were the breeds that were stolen. The cops did a great job tracking down the suspect since the moron went in earlier and viewed the animals and left his name and address. Now the sad part is they also found the dogs, one was so badly injured it was put down, the other is still hospitalized. The spokesperson from the shelter said, the male that was put down, was an awesome, goofy, lovable dog..he is dead! These dogs were stolen to put in dog fights!! This makes me irate, it goes on too much here, and they are busting up these groups that fight them. BUT, then in the areas where we know the fights are happening we also have pits running the streets, attacking for no reason...these dogs are fought and wounded, turned out or escape! Dog fighting for sport is just SICK!

#387139 - 02/01/06 12:16 PM Re: Pittbull Question [Re: Cougardaville]
RezDoggin Offline
Die Hard Member

Well, I went on my hike yesterday evening and sure enough I ran into the pitbull and boxer off the leash again. The two dogs came charging towards me and of course I was armed, anyway the owner yelled at them and the pit stopped about 50yds away while the boxer just veered off and started sniffing in the trees. It was a good thing I didnt have my dogs.
The owner finally got them both on a leash and approached me on the trail. I told her that I thought it would be a good idea to keep the dogs on the leash at all times due to the fact that it was apparent she did not have much control over the dogs especially if other dogs were present.She tried to tell me it was'nt right for me to be armed, I let her know that I had a license and as long as she continued to have that dog in the area I would remain armed.She got bugged with that so I'm sure thats not the end of that story.

She did have some type of muzzle straps on both of the dogs that didnt allow them to open their mouth fully.She made it a point to point that out. I told her I figured that strap would last only a few seconds when that dog fights another dog and it gets pulled off. It didnt look very strong!

I informed her that the area where we are at has many people walking,including elderly people and kids, also there's people with dogs that are off the leash.I told her I was concerned and she should be too. I asked if she just moved here because I had'nt seen her before. She stated she had been in the area for about three years and use to walk another area on a trail which is less used . I kinda suggested it would probably be a good idea to go back to that area before somehthing did occur.

The Lady then begans to tell me that the pit was a dog that was rescued and that the previous 3 owners had problems with it attacking other dogs. She stated that one of the owners trained the dog to fight.

Finally, I tell the Lady if she continues to let the dogs off leash I would pursue the matter through local law enforcement and that I would not be responsible for my actions when protecting myself or someone else from her dogs. She agreed to keep them leashed, so the saga continues!

Do you think I should go ahead and file a report or just wait and see if she goes back to her own stomping grounds?

#387140 - 02/01/06 01:47 PM Re: Pittbull Question [Re: RezDoggin]
cougerbait Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: NORTH CAROLINA
I would file a report. That way every thing is all ready on record in case some thing else happens. She all ready admitted that there has been issues in the past with this dog. It is only a matter of time before it happens again.

#387141 - 02/01/06 03:21 PM Re: Pittbull Question [Re: cougerbait]
RezDoggin Offline
Die Hard Member

CB,
I was kinda leaning in that direction too. When she mentioned that dog has problems when other dogs are around or the fact that it was trained to fight at one time. That really bothered me.

#387142 - 02/01/06 04:57 PM Re: Pittbull Question [Re: RezDoggin]
Eddiemats Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: Staten Island, NY
Make the complaint. Hopefully it will prevent another dog owner or parent from dealing with what you have experienced lately. Stay armed and walk with your dogs as well. The lawsuit is a scary thing to deal with but your personal freedom is more important. Once you have set the tone legally and you have given this woman proper advice, you are better set in the event you have to defend yourself or your dogs. My uncle, a NYC police seargent once shot a massive Akita while off-duty. He was walking his own giant and loveable Newfoundland when it was viciously attacked by the Akita. Once that fight was over the Akita came for him and he shot the dog. The owner also had a family memebr that was in the NYPD and threatened charges, while my uncle replied that he would sue as well for damage to him and his dog. The case ended there.

#387143 - 02/01/06 05:34 PM Re: Pittbull Question [Re: Eddiemats]
RezDoggin Offline
Die Hard Member

EDDIE,
Your right "Personal Freedom" is at stake especially when i've been walking up there for 19 yrs and never had any problems till now. I like dogs just as much as the next person and I feel if your gonna take them out in public you have to put in the time to have them atleast leash trained. If the shoe were on the other foot and I did have a dog like that,I'd have him in my fenced yard protecting my stuff and that would be where he'd stay! To risky for my likin!!!!!!

#387144 - 02/01/06 05:43 PM Re: Pittbull Question [Re: RezDoggin]
Cougardaville Offline
Predator Master

Loc: Albany county, New York
This person is setting the dogs up for "failure"....make the report, and stay out of their path. No, you should not have to..but we know how this stuff goes. A dog TRAINED to fight is now a weapon, not a dog, what a shame this continues to go on.

#387145 - 02/01/06 06:05 PM Re: Pittbull Question [Re: Cougardaville]
RezDoggin Offline
Die Hard Member

I agree 100% ! The bad thing is it's always at someone elses expense not the person who ruined the dog in the first place

#387146 - 02/01/06 06:13 PM Re: Pittbull Question [Re: RezDoggin]
I.O.N.Doyle Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: Southwest Idaho
I would file. Just because you file does not mean that it has to be used. But if you do need to use it you can't go back and have the past situations documented the same.

#387147 - 02/02/06 05:11 PM Re: Update! Pittbull Question [Re: I.O.N.Doyle]
RezDoggin Offline
Die Hard Member

Update! Yesterday, no woman,no dogs!
Waitin to hear back from the Sheriff.

#387148 - 02/02/06 05:26 PM Re: Update! Pittbull Question [Re: RezDoggin]
cougerbait Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: NORTH CAROLINA
Fingers are still crossed. Hope all turns out well!

#387149 - 02/02/06 05:32 PM Re: Update! Pittbull Question [Re: cougerbait]
RezDoggin Offline
Die Hard Member

Thanks CB, I hope she took the advice and went back to her o'l trail where she came from!

#387150 - 02/04/06 12:08 PM Re: Update! Pittbull Question [Re: RezDoggin]
chris112 Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: SD
File the complaint if only to have a history of trouble with that dog and idiot owner. I had to do same with a neighbor a while back and they havn't let their dog run loose since.

#387151 - 02/08/06 12:53 PM Re: Update! Pittbull Question [Re: chris112]
RezDoggin Offline
Die Hard Member

Well, I made the report so it's on record and it's been a week since I've seen the Lady or dogs so I think she may have taken my advice and returned to her o'l stomping grounds! I 'll give it another week or so or at least till my dog heals up before I head up there with them on leash of course.
Thanks for all the suggestions and well wishes!

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Predator Masters™, All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.