Can you kill a Coyote with your bare hands?

I'm sure it can be done. But I'm not so sure just "anyone" could do it. When I was younger (much younger) I tackled a wild burro and wrestled it to the ground. Not something I would try today, though. We have a Moderator on here who jumped out of the bed of a pick up and tackled a 300 lb. wild pig. Stuck it with a knife. When the adrenalin is pumping, people are capable of amazing feats. Remember those stories about parents lifting wrecked cars to free their children?

There was a post some time ago about a coyote attacking a man and his grandson near their home. The grandfather held the coyote until they choked it to death. Would not be my first choice either to do it by hand. We have caught many things by hand but the toughest was getting a badger with a piece of rope.

Several years ago I was changing charts at my work on a Galixy440 Polaris and was coming back to the truck when I happened on this big coyote well he wasn't going to let me run over him and pelts were going for around 60.00 and I wasn't going to let him get away so I bulldogged him off the sled, when we stopped rolling he had both of my hands in his mouth. I was trying to choke him with my thumbs but the wasn't working, so I clamped my knees around his ribs and hopped over to the sled where I smacked his head on the ski several times finnaly killing him I got 60 bucks out of him and he shredded my 50 dollar hot finger gloves. so I still made money .JC

The story said he was hitting it with a shovel, if he could hit it with a shovel I don't understand the problem. When I was trapping I found canines easy to knock out with a small trapping trowel, and once out just flip them on their side and stomp the heart, with the heart muscle damaged they don't wake up. I was younger then, but don't remember it being all that difficult.

Any full grown man should be able to kill any one canine, even a wolf (or pitt bull) if necessary.

It's kind of like getting into a knife fight though, no matter how good you are, you know you're going to bleed.

More than one dog, cooperating in attacking you, and you could be in serious trouble.

No...I don't believe I could. I've had close calls with coyotes snaring and dirtholing and I really don't think I could. A coyote is not a domestic dog....they live their life by sheer strength and wit...pound for pound. And I don't believe those individuals who say they have the survival instincts to win a fight with a coyote. Simple as that.

Never tried it. But let's see I am 225lbs and our coyotes are mostly around 30 pounds for the males. Next one I trap or bum shoot I'll have to try it and see. LOL. But don't count on this happening anytime soon. And I'll post a pic HA HA HA..Walt

I KNOW I could win a hand to paw fight with a coyote,anyone could if they were fighting for thier lives,if we couldnt we would have been removed from the evolutionary foodchain long ago.

Why dirty my hands and risk injury when I can gas em to death.
20.gif

Should work even with a wolf, though I wouldn't want to be the one to have to try

I learned this from my judo instructor, many years ago, after he was attacked by a very large bull mastiff, much larger than him (which was the reason he was teaching it to us kids). He managed to wrap his arm with a sweater first, and suffered only minor damage.

The way to kill a canine that's attacking you, especially a large canine, is to attack him. You have to sacrifice an arm in the fight. If you can, shove your hand as far down his throat as it will go. Otherwise force your arm into his mouth as far as you can, get on the ground with him, and with your free hand squeeze off the carotid arteries, just under/behind the jaw. One artery will do it but both is better.

Choking would work in theory, but it takes a lot more (one handed) strength than most people realize. Cutting off the blood supply to the brain is much easier. Try it on yourself and you will see what I mean.

The real "secret", is to keep forcing your arm into his mouth as hard as you can. He will not be able to bite as effectively with his mouth stretched open, and will switch from aggressive to defensive modes.

I have heard that before NM I think it was in a docomentary on bear or lion attacks.Next time you shoot a yote pretend your ife depends on it reach down and tear the windpipe out of his neck,you can do it with a little effort,its just skin,that area is no stronger when hes alive and if you had 1 free hand you could do it in a fight.

I killed one in October with my bare hands. It was way to warm to wear gloves so I shot her with no gloves on. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
All kidding aside I dont think beating it with a shovel and killing it with your bare hands is quite the same. You gotta be one crazy MOFO if your gonna fist fight a killer with sharp teeth and slashing jaws. Call me a candy @$$ but thats why I dont leave home without a weapon then I dont get into those situations. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-006.gif

I have no doubt that I could kill a coyote or similar sized animal if my life or a loved ones' were in jeopardy. I don't think I could actually get "passionate" enough to do it on a lark, however. A rather stupid friend of mine worked on a farm during high school and saw a fox den in a field. He thought it would be fun to grab one of the kits when it came out of the den. The fox, however, had different plans and bit him deeply on the hand. The rabies shots were not pleasant.

Back