Proven Lynx/Bobcat lures

270yotekiller

I apln on trapping some lynx here in Saskatchewan this upcoming trapping season and i was wondering what would be the best lure that you bobcat trappers use? I plan on using tainted beaver meat in a cubby-set with #4 coilsprings.

Thanks

Dont know about lures, but alot of trappes here stick a crome colored childs pinwheel behind the set as an attractant.

Yeah, I'm thinking too, why tainted beaver meat, why not fresh? Bobcats aren't above an easy meal, but are not known to relish rotting carrion, in my experience.

Castor and skunk are two lure ingredients that seem to attract bobcats most readily. Regarding commercially formulated lures; I've had good luck with O'Gorman's Powder river cat call, Nelson bait formula, and Carman's Magna-Glan. With this being said, nothing beats setting right on a cat track. Worry about location first and set as close as possible to where the cat will travel, you'll find maybe you don't need lure after all
BH

I use only O'Gorman's lures. They have atleast 6-8 cat lures. His lures are used for trapping 12 months of the year, on his trapline. (cat lures when in season)T.20

Back