22-250 vs Crows

Sturgell

The first picture is of the first crow that landed about 75 yards out from where I was setting and about 30 yards from my decoys and caller. The second was around 200 I guess and he like the first crow EXPLODED into a puff of feathers. I was not sure that the 55 PSP Remington ammo would make them explode like a v-max will but I guess it does. I am not sure if you can have more fun than you can with a rifle and crows landing in the tree tops. Sorry about the goofy face but me and my buddy were joking around about the damage and I took a silly pic that he didnt tell me looked as bad as it does. BTW the gun is a Browning A-Bolt Eclipse varmint in 22-250 with the BOSS and man is it super loud.

http://photos-960.facebook.com/n10/53/64/17117656/n17117656_30354960_3712.jpg

http://photos-961.facebook.com/n10/53/64/17117656/n17117656_30354961_4001.jpg

dibble america? dang boy lay off them twinkies!! im over in purcell-- run around criner alot and i think i even saw tht first crow your holding one time!!! shoot me an email and lets talk---

bda365@peoplepc.com

I grew up in Lawton and used to spend a lot of time around Ft Cobb in the winter popping crows. It that still a good plce to go?

bob

It is a Weaver V16 target dot with the sunshade from NatchezSS. I have actually never been to Ft Cobb but I have hunted around Chickasha and Gracemont but I haven't been there in several years. Now I concentrate more on this degree in Fire Protection and Safety Tech from OSU than I do to hunting but I do try to get out as often as possible.

I love it, the faces & all. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif
Have ya ever "poofed" pidgeon? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Ohyeah, big time! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

ive shot some piegons with my 22-250 and some 40 gr speer tnt's at close to 4200 fps.........talk about a cloud of feathers.

Similiar results with my .204 vs. crows.........POOF! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

crowhunt.jpg

Good shooting Sturgill, I love to shoot crows! One time last year, I was shooting them out back, and I was fortunate enough to wound one, his friends got all worked up trying to help him out! A big mistake!!! Keep having fun! That's what its all about!
My 22-250 is pretty wicked on them!
Sam

Back