Grizzly Man is dead, should we weep?

Well, you guys hooked me into watch "Grizzly XXXXXX".

I use XXXXXX because I don't want to denegrate the word man.

Grizzly Flake would be acceptable.

....... and after one hour, I turned to my wife and saw she had had enough as well.

I am still looking for something to help to initiate the "gag reflex" and get some relief!

I am with the Native (at the museum) that chastised Treadwell for habituating grizzlies and thus harming them.

Treadwell made two points with me. He was a lucky idiot for too long and he cost the world a "perfectly" fine bear contrary to saving anything.

His total childishness was revealed when he flipped out over the fox taking his hat. A stupid hat and this grown flake looses it.

How do we say ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT????

Three 44s

Last edited:
I'm gonna have to disagree with you guys on this one. It wasn't a total waste of time watching that show. After I got tired of Treadwell's voice and IMHO effeminate "conversations" with the camera and bears, I muted the TV, put on a CD, and started cleaning one of my rifles. The footage of the bears was interesting to me and I even unmuted it during the fight scene but quickly remuted when he started ranting over the "poop" the one boar dropped. Good Lord, what a fanatic. All in all, it wasn't bad to watch.....that is if you had something else to listen to and something else to do during the unwatchable parts.

My final analysis....Treadwell = IDIOT. And he got what he deserved.

Okay, rant on here. Why did he continually say "I Love these animals, or I Love you"? After the 500th time, it really started getting to me. Also, what let this guy "study" these bears? Has anyone seen any of these studys? I don't think he was qualified to be there, much less under the guise of studying.

I know he was up there on his own agenda and should have had this happen to him in the first year he was there. I think the bears finally had enough of him.

kray,

It was on the Discovery Channel. Don't know when, just watch for "Grizzly ......XXXXXXXXX"

Grizzly XXXXXXXxxxxx well you know ends in MAN. I hate denetrating our gender by using Tredfool and MAN in the same sentence!

Three 44s

Also, his friends said he dabbled in homosexuality.

Let me expound on this subject. Women can dabble in homosexuality. With men(pun intended), it's a one way street(pun intended), exit only or you are gay.

Getting that close on a regular basis to a wild carnivore, well the odds aren't that good. I believe that he got what he had coming to him. He must have been a few fries short of a happy meal.

Treadwell.... I wonder if he's accomplishing what he set out to though? Bringing all this attention on himself and the bears even in death. There's surely as many people if not more, that feel his death was a real tragedy and are trying to further his cause. I just about didn't buy the movie but did (probably adding $'s to his cause, God, I really hope not!) I let my elderly parents watch it also, and you know what, we need to be stronger as we've all been preached to and speak up against this type of B.S. Many Americans feel as we do on this post about such a redicoulous act, we just need to be heard louder!!
Question-- are we doing are part with supporting the people doing the leg work for us? I hope so.
Weep???I don't think so!

He was lucky he lasted as long as he did. People are stupid. It is like sleeping with a rattle snake sooner or later you will make a wrong move and your dead. He is better off where he is now- He had a movie showing his stupid actions and how it cost him his life. Just too bad they had to kill the bear.

I just can not believe people thought he was OK and going to live for more than 13 years which he did and was luckily.

If he wanted to impress me and others he should have lived in the winter Months of "Fruits and Nuts"" in Alaska.

Survival of the fittest- 1,200lb Bear Vs 150 Tree Hugger???

PA teeny

Back