Predator Masters using UBB.threads ô Infopop Corporation.
PM Gear Moon & Weather

Welcome to the Predator Masters Forums
Be sure to visit the main Predator Master website at

PM Gear
PM Gear
PM Gear
The Official Predator Masters Search Engine
Search Predator Masters

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#378476 - 01/21/06 05:13 PM Grizzly Man is dead, should we weep?
ADK Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: North of Sodom,West of Gomorra...
I watched a rental movie yesterday about Timothy Treadwell; real name Timothy Dexter.You may have heard of him as the Grizzly Man who spent 13 summers living with the grizzlies in a remote part of Alaska.At the end of the 13th summer (2001)the bears ate him and his girl friend.I recommend the movie because I believe it provides important insight into the mind of an animal rights fanatic.There are many more like Treadwell who have lost touch with reality and risk losing everything. It is possible that part of the proceeds from this movie go to the organization Earth People; an organization co-founded by Treadwell.I could not find anything to confirm or deny that possibility.Still,I think the movie has value to us as hunters.After all "Know your enemy".

#378477 - 01/21/06 08:06 PM Re: Grizzly Man is dead, should we weep? [Re: ADK]
sal Offline
Predator Master

Loc: N.E. Calif. (plumas co.)
my wife read me a story on that tree hugen hippy, if you are going to be dum enough to hang out with grizzly then youed better be ready to be lunch after all they are WILD animals.

#378478 - 01/22/06 05:15 AM Re: Grizzly Man is dead, should we weep? [Re: sal]
NONYA Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: montana
Weep?I laughed my [beeep] off!

#378479 - 01/22/06 12:12 PM Re: Grizzly Man is dead, should we weep? [Re: NONYA]
Three 44s Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: Washington St.
I find the whole mess disgusting!!!

Here is a fool (Treadwell) who thought he was god's gift to bears.

He takes his girlfriend into that situation. From what I understand, she had her share of reservations, now did he back off? Oh hell NO!!! "Sit a little closer to MR. BEAR, SWEETIE"!!!

Now, with the bears killing him he changes his mind. Wants help, tries to enlist her to do something. She starts sobbing and wailing and guess what .......

The bears now think she's the main cuizine.

Now, what really torques me off is that others in the "hugger community" are going to schools and preaching the virtues of Treadwell!!!!

Initiate Gag Reflex!!!!

Three 44s

#378480 - 01/22/06 03:13 PM Re: Grizzly Man is dead, should we weep? [Re: Three 44s]
Rim_Runner Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: Dewey, Az
Quote:

Here is a fool (Treadwell) who thought he was god's gift to bears.

He was. I hope they said grace.

#378481 - 01/22/06 03:31 PM Re: Grizzly Man is dead, should we weep? [Re: Rim_Runner]
Three 44s Offline
Die Hard Member III

Oh, you heard "that one" too????

Three 44s

#378482 - 01/22/06 04:56 PM Re: Grizzly Man is dead, should we weep? [Re: Three 44s]
kirby Offline
PM senior

Loc: nowheresville
Don't know if it "was" the same young guy[hippy-nature boy], I've seen on TV or not. Pushing his luck, with Grizzley's .

Anyway, I thought then. He won't be around to long. No more "Grizz-Whisperer", eh.

#378483 - 01/22/06 10:44 PM Re: Grizzly Man is dead, should we weep? [Re: kirby]
howler Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: Glasgow, Mt.
There was a similar show on the Discovery Channel today, only he lived with Wolves in Idaho, he would sit with them and they would lick his face, He brought his Girl friend into the picture and they accepted her as well, Seemed very fishy to me. it was not fishy it was ludicris

#378484 - 01/23/06 07:25 AM Re: Grizzly Man is dead, should we weep? [Re: howler]
cringle27 Offline

Loc: Maine
Alaskan author Nick Jans wrote the book "The Grizzly Maze" which explains the entire Treadwell fiasco. It's a good read and explains a great deal about bear behavior (both black bear and grizzly/brown). My connections in Alaska all agree that Treadwell was at fault. Too bad he allowed his girlfriend to be killed as well.

#378485 - 01/23/06 08:07 AM Re: Grizzly Man is dead, should we weep? [Re: ADK]
NASA Offline
PM is my life

Loc: 40.02N/105.25W
Treadwell's girlfriend, Amie Huguenard, was a bunny hugger from right here in Boulder, CO. Everyone in Boulder talked about the "tragedy" of the "accident". I didn't read once in the local papers anything about the "stupidity" of this "fiasco".

#378486 - 01/23/06 08:15 AM Re: Grizzly Man is dead, should we weep? [Re: cringle27]
kirby Offline
PM senior

Around 15yrs ago. The wife, myself & our 85lb Belgian Malinois/German Shepherd X, name of[Summit]. Were nightime catfishing along the Iowa. We had a Coleman Lantern for light. It cast light in a 30 diameter, around us.

Our dog, was on a 16' chain, anchored to a tree, off the trail by us. Were fishing...Suddenly, Summit goes on alert. Then he lunges up onto his hind legs. Chomping the air, visiously. I whip out my Fillet knife, as well.

Then out of the darkness, came the local town freak. Known as the "elf-man". This nut-job, actually thinks he can "talk" to the animals....[one with nature] ...yah, OK.

I confronted him, told him to go away. He insisted! on standing a ft away from our dog's snapping jaws[summit, wanted to eat, this idiot]. He told us, "It's a FREE Country", & that he can "Communicate" with Summit.

He wouldn't listen. I said, "Fine, if he slips his collar, your on your own. I won't pull him off!"

He finally turned back into the darkness, towards town.

#378487 - 01/23/06 08:54 AM Re: Grizzly Man is dead, should we weep? [Re: kirby]
Three 44s Offline
Die Hard Member III

........ ah, the night, 'ole Summit ate Dummit!!!!!!

Three 44s

#378488 - 01/23/06 08:58 AM Re: Grizzly Man is dead, should we weep? [Re: Three 44s]
ADK Offline
Die Hard Member III

Yup!

#378489 - 01/23/06 04:05 PM Re: Grizzly Man is dead, should we weep? [Re: ADK]
Yotecallr Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: Central Iowa
Good one Kirby, the guy probably was raise on peyote buttons and paint chips.

Acts 2:38

---------------------------

#378490 - 01/23/06 04:51 PM Re: Grizzly Man is dead, should we weep? [Re: Yotecallr]
kyray Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: irvine, ky.
I was in Alaska on a Brown Bear hunt when that happened. The people of Alaska didn't have much sympathy for them either. I just can't understand that much stupidity. I know there was a recording of their deaths cause they played it over and over in Anchorage, but does anybody know if there is a video recording of the incident? kyray

#378491 - 01/23/06 05:17 PM Re: Grizzly Man is dead, should we weep? [Re: howler]
R Buker Offline
Retired PM Staff

Loc: Parkers Prairie, MN. USA
Quote:

There was a similar show on the Discovery Channel today, only he lived with Wolves in Idaho, he would sit with them and they would lick his face, He brought his Girl friend into the picture and they accepted her as well, Seemed very fishy to me. it was not fishy it was ludicris

The only fishy part was they were hand raised wolves living in an enclosure. The whole idea of that show was the human interaction as if it were some kind of wolf guru who was befriended by wolves. He tried to make some sort of wolf pack out of those pups. There was minimal reality in the entire thing.

I actually feel bad for the grizzly guy. They have great medications now that could have taken his delusions away. He didn't have be grizzly poop.

Randy

#378492 - 01/23/06 07:02 PM Re: Grizzly Man is dead, should we weep? [Re: R Buker]
kirby Offline
PM senior

If Summit would've broke free. He would've been fighting his own little 85lb Grizz, for sure. This nut-elf, stood right there in our little camp et cursed me.
As well as, informed me of his Constitutional Rights!

I was fit to [elfitize] him myself. Wife calmed me down, or I woulda dropped him.

Another time, I was fishing at the local dam. "Elf/animal whisperer", decides he wanted to dive/swim, right by where my lines went into the water,GRRRRrr. I said, "Find somewhere else to swim", you have the whole river".

He said, "It's a FREE COUNTRY" I'll SWIM WHERE I WANT TO!"

Which then...caused me to snap on a large DareDevil lure w/Treble hook. Then go snagging for "elf-Salmon". He moved down stream, shorty .

#378493 - 01/23/06 07:32 PM Re: Grizzly Man is dead, should we weep? [Re: kirby]
ADK Offline
Die Hard Member III

"I know there was a recording of their deaths cause they played it over and over in Anchorage, but does anybody know if there is a video recording of the incident? kyray"

Kyray,the camcorder was running at the time of the attack but the lense cover was still on.Good audio,no video.Too bad, it would have played well on America's Funniest Vid......well never mind.

#378494 - 01/23/06 09:05 PM Re: Grizzly Man is dead, should we weep? [Re: ADK]
greg223 Offline
PM senior

Loc: Montana and My USA
WEEP? I'm with NONYA, I thought it was funny . You know the old saying, "fool with a bull, you'll get the horn" . I have bees, I like them, do I get into their hives with no protection? No way, it only takes once and you are in deep trouble. So, really, what makes me wear protection? Good old fashioned fear and common sense . Both those qualities seem to be lacking these days. Those two "bear huggers" must have been lacking both, I don't miss 'em a bit. There are a few million more who ought to go up there and take their place soon. I will help pay for their one-way air fare .

#378495 - 01/23/06 09:19 PM Re: Grizzly Man is dead, should we weep? [Re: greg223]
Bart52571 Offline
Die Hard Member

Loc: sw Idaho
I'm new to this forum and I wanted to comment on what all you guys are saying! It sure is nice to see other people think just like I do.

#378496 - 01/23/06 09:32 PM Re: Grizzly Man is dead, should we weep? [Re: Bart52571]
ADK Offline
Die Hard Member III

Welcome to the forum Bart.You're going to find alot of folks here with good old fashioned common sense.

#378497 - 01/23/06 09:33 PM Re: Grizzly Man is dead, should we weep? [Re: ADK]
AlaskaBushMan Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: Bear Country
My thoughts are he was playing with his life, for pictures.
SAD he had to take someone with him.....when he left this earth!

Don't be stubid humans do not not live with bears.

#378498 - 01/24/06 10:16 AM Re: Grizzly Man is dead, should we weep? [Re: greg223]
Three 44s Offline
Die Hard Member III

Quote:

WEEP? ............................ I have bees, I like them, do I get into their hives with no protection? No way, it only takes once and you are in deep trouble. So, really, what makes me wear protection? Good old fashioned fear and common sense ............................

OH!!!!!!!

................... "Dances With Bees"!!!!!!

I could star in that movie!!!

BEEN THERE!!!!!!!!!......... DONE THAT!!!!

Well...... with Yellow Jackets!!!

Three 44s

#378499 - 01/25/06 09:54 PM Re: Grizzly Man is dead, should we weep? [Re: ADK]
FALFire Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: Wa. State
I say....Don't feed the bears, unless of course, it's some whackjob like that, then, make'em fat dumb and happy

#378500 - 01/25/06 10:56 PM Re: Grizzly Man is dead, should we weep? [Re: Bart52571]
hawkeye77 Offline
Predator Master

Loc: western. ny
that was a waste time that i will never get back, watching that stupid video, listening to the guy saying sometimes i wish i were gay? that wasnt a good video for hunters or outdoorsmen, it was an anti-hunting symbol. and yes indeed that guy got what he deserved

#378501 - 01/26/06 10:51 AM Re: Grizzly Man is dead, should we weep? [Re: hawkeye77]
Victor Varminter Offline
Die Hard Member

Loc: East Central Ohio Photo by CK...
It just goes to prove those PETA type of people have no clue about animals. They watch to much Disney & think all that crap is true. I know I did as kid. Thank God I grew up in a farm & learned the truth.
They are the only species on earth that I can think off that cares more for another species than they do their own.

BTW Did Disney ever make a movie w/o construing the story?

#378502 - 01/26/06 05:08 PM Re: Grizzly Man is dead, should we weep? [Re: Bart52571]
howler Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: Glasgow, Mt.
Three 44's, the night Summit ate Dummit,

Ha I almost swalloed my snuice very good.

#378503 - 01/28/06 09:28 PM Re: Grizzly Man is dead, should we weep? [Re: Bart52571]
trappertodd Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: Anchorage AK
coming from a true alaskan, i wish more bunny huggers would come to Alaska to live with the Bears we have plenty of them to feed .(maybe the moose poulation would start to rise a little)more moose and less bunny huggers , i think i like that

#378504 - 01/29/06 02:00 AM Re: Grizzly Man is dead, should we weep? [Re: Bart52571]
Yotehunter59 Offline
Die Hard Member

Loc: Ely, Nevada
Quote:

I'm new to this forum and I wanted to comment on what all you guys are saying! It sure is nice to see other people think just like I do.

Welcome.....JOHN
Killed in action 1/28/06---IED attack-Bagdad
Laid to Rest 2/11/06 Manchester, TN

#378505 - 01/30/06 02:29 PM Re: Grizzly Man is dead, should we weep? [Re: Yotehunter59]
NONYA Offline
Die Hard Member III

Just saw an add for the grizzly guy show on the discovery channel,this friday at 8 pm.

#378506 - 01/31/06 10:53 AM Re: Grizzly Man is dead, should we weep? [Re: NONYA]
Locator Offline
Predator Master

Loc: MI.
i got my remote control pre-programmed to change the channel at 8pm Friday to discovery.
I been waiting to see this bloomin hugger and wife take their medicine. EH!
locator

#378507 - 02/01/06 05:05 PM Re: Grizzly Man is dead, should we weep? [Re: Bart52571]
Eddiemats Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: Staten Island, NY
Treadwell was a junkie.....No one deserves a death like that......but he was asking for it......

Hey Greg223.......You are right about common sense.....its not too common these days !!!!!!!

#378508 - 02/01/06 06:25 PM Re: Grizzly Man is dead, should we weep? [Re: Eddiemats]
smithers Offline
Die Hard Member

Loc: Deep in the Mitten
i've only just heard about this in the last few weeks so excuse my ignorance. when i first heard about this whole thing it struck me as a Blair Witch Project. one big HOAX. is this for real or is this idiot still alive running around the woods of alaska naked with his girlfriend. why couldn't the lens cap be off? do we have any kill-site photos. did they find the bears? was one of the bears wearing this chach's bandana? the bear prolly puked his greasy a$$ up.
"come here little griz i don't want to hurt you. come here let me tickle your ear. who's the little grizzly? oh, there you go. isn't that nice? AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH! STOP EATING ME! I'M ONE OF GOD'S CREATURE'S! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! if there is a god. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"
i need absolute proof that this idiot was eaten! i want scat! I want DNA samples! i want autopsy photos! i need to speak to the detective on this case, NOW!

#378509 - 02/01/06 10:11 PM Re: Grizzly Man is dead, should we weep? [Re: smithers]
Gunnut Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: Southern Colorado, just 10 mi...
Oh he is plenty dead, I remember that in alb, the local leftwing paper did a whole article on him.

#378510 - 02/02/06 11:11 PM Re: Grizzly Man is dead, should we weep? [Re: Gunnut]
smithers Offline
Die Hard Member

plenty dead? as opposed to sort of dead or a tad dead?

#378511 - 02/03/06 10:28 AM Re: Grizzly Man is dead, should we weep? [Re: Bart52571]
NV Walt Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: Carson City, Nevada
Those Grizzlies were just cleaning up the gene pool for us. Now those two won't breed more idiot children. I say good ridence the stupidity of these type of people is beyond belief..Walt

#378512 - 02/03/06 09:50 PM Re: Grizzly Man is dead, should we weep? [Re: NV Walt]
NASA Offline
PM is my life

Grizzly Bait is on Discovery right now. There's supposed to be an encore tomorrow some time. Raised in NY and transplanted to SoCal. Seems his real name was not Treadwell after all, it was Dexter. That was his "stage name". He was a wanna-be actor who couldn't make the grade. He decided to acquire a fake Australian accent and the personna of Steve Corwin, Crocodile Hunter, and reinvented himself as a wildlife expert. He was a con man, drug addict, engaged in homosexual encounters, was taking anti-depressants for paranoia, and slept with a teddy bear. On camera he crys when he finds a dead bee. The National Park Service must be laughing their a$$ off every time this program shows.

#378513 - 02/03/06 11:45 PM Re: Grizzly Man is dead, should we weep? [Re: NASA]
NONYA Offline
Die Hard Member III

I watched the first 15 minutes,enough for me...all I can say is 1 less.

#378514 - 02/03/06 11:48 PM Re: Grizzly Man is dead, should we weep? [Re: NONYA]
J. Holly Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: Stillwater, OK.
Ironically, it is brought to us in part by TGIFridays. I guess the bears got a two course meal.

#378515 - 02/04/06 12:25 AM Re: Grizzly Man is dead, should we weep? [Re: NASA]
Cougardaville Offline
Predator Master

Loc: Albany county, New York
and after all that he got the poor, old, hungry bear killed!

#378516 - 02/04/06 01:08 AM Re: Grizzly Man is dead, should we weep? [Re: Cougardaville]
NASA Offline
PM is my life

There was one thing about him that could be considered prophetic. Throughout the documentary he repeats over and over, "I'll die for these bears". At least he got that one right.

#378517 - 02/04/06 08:32 AM Re: Grizzly Man is dead, should we weep? [Re: Cougardaville]
smithers Offline
Die Hard Member

nasa, i don't believe that being on anti-depressants is a reason to belittle the guy. "real" mental illness is not something to be made light of. you are in tom cruise space people territory.
you could tell when he was ranting or crying one second and then "just fine" the next, that he needed those pills. i think a lot of the crying was just an act. i also don't know where you got the "homo encounters" idea. he said it'd be easier for him if he were gay. not having to deal with the emotional side of women. after watching the show i got the sense that he was lost and looking to be somebody and this was his way. a stupid way no doubt! we derive our pleasure from whacking these animals and he got his by "protecting" them. as if they needed protecting. he was an idiot, but he did have passion. ill-placed in our hunters eye, but if he had that same passion for killing bears we'd all be praising him. he went to school's to brainwash a bunch of kids into loving the cuddly bears, but in the end those kids found out the truth! there's no love lost between myself and anti-hunters but sometimes a little objectivity would suffice.
i wanted to hear them being eaten though. he knew his days were numbered. #141 is the one that got him. the scenes with the fox were cool. amazing how tame they were. i'm sure they thought about eating him a time or two as well. if only i could get one of those pelts to come in so easy. just my opinion. no barbs. just thoughts.

#378518 - 02/04/06 11:26 AM Re: Grizzly Man is dead, should we weep? [Re: smithers]
NASA Offline
PM is my life

Quote:

nasa, i don't believe that being on anti-depressants is a reason to belittle the guy.

Neither do I. What's your point. Are you saying that I did?
(edit) I recounted 13 facts about the guy and you picked out the one concerning anti-depressants to get fluffed over. Sounds personal.

Quote:

i think a lot of the crying was just an act.

We agree again. I did mention he was a failed actor, right?

Quote:

i also don't know where you got the "homo encounters" idea.

Although the documentary did depict him as a squeaky voiced effeminate, a web search will show he frequented gay bars in Santa Monica and Hollywood. I would venture that he was AC/DC, and the women in his life were little more than stage props.

Quote:

he was an idiot

Iím still with ya, buddy!

Quote:

i wanted to hear them being eaten

Youíve got to pay for it, but here you go! http://www.caspuh.com/rd/wildlife/timothy-treadwell.html

Quote:

no barbs. just thoughts

Edited by NASA (02/04/06 11:42 AM)

#378519 - 02/04/06 11:38 AM Re: Grizzly Man is dead, should we weep? [Re: NASA]
smithers Offline
Die Hard Member

when you list anti-depressants and paranoia among a bunch of other things like conman, homosexual encounters and the like it comes off as belittling him for it. it is a little personal. i am on anti-depressants for panic disorder. you just lumped it in there like it was a bad thing he was seeking treatment.

#378520 - 02/04/06 11:44 AM Re: Grizzly Man is dead, should we weep? [Re: smithers]
NASA Offline
PM is my life

Not to me.
These are just facts.
And not necessarily a bad thing. Just some insight to what may have been one of the contributing factors to his bizarre lifestyle. He had quit taking his meds many years before, so he was running around without all his wires hooked up.

Edited by NASA (02/04/06 11:55 AM)

#378521 - 02/04/06 11:51 AM Re: Grizzly Man is dead, should we weep? [Re: NASA]
smithers Offline
Die Hard Member

point taken. you're right he was really nuts, and i'm a little nuts but i ain't messin with any grizzlies without some firepower.

#378522 - 02/04/06 11:57 AM Re: Grizzly Man is dead, should we weep? [Re: smithers]
NASA Offline
PM is my life

LOL, you don't sound so "nutz" to me.

#378523 - 02/04/06 12:01 PM Re: Grizzly Man is dead, should we weep? [Re: NASA]
J. Holly Offline
Die Hard Member III

He actually was diagnosed with a mental disorder, but said he didn't want the drugs. He "needed" to be high and low to be normal. He just couldn't be the same all of the time.

Also, his friends said he dabbled in homosexuality.

#378524 - 02/04/06 12:04 PM Re: Grizzly Man is dead, should we weep? [Re: NASA]
smithers Offline
Die Hard Member

because unlike bearbait i take my medication! he said he needed the highs and lows so it seems to me he was manic depressive. totally different ballgame from what i have. how can you dabble? that's funny. to me you're in or out no dabbling allowed!

#378525 - 02/04/06 12:26 PM Re: Grizzly Man is dead, should we weep? [Re: smithers]
NASA Offline
PM is my life

Quote:

to me you're in or out no dabbling allowed!

LMAO! I think "dabbling" is the in-N-out part. JHolly, could you check with Les and let us know for sure?

#378526 - 02/04/06 04:11 PM Re: Grizzly Man is dead, should we weep? [Re: NASA]
J. Holly Offline
Die Hard Member III

Hey, Les is an in and out knda guy, but I am one of those guys that likes to say in something till the job is over.

#378527 - 02/04/06 09:03 PM Re: Grizzly Man is dead, should we weep? [Re: Bart52571]
Yotecallr Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: Central Iowa
More insight....I found this from a story "Blood Brothers" in Outside magazine,(tree hugger)....We couldn't help but like this guy who punched out as he'd wanted to, who'd told people he would be honored to "end up in bear scat," though we agreed that he'd camped in terrible places and gotten way too close to bears....So you could say, he ended honored, huh ?

Acts 2:38

---------------------------

#378528 - 02/04/06 09:53 PM Re: Grizzly Man is dead, should we weep? [Re: Cougardaville]
Gunnut Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: Southern Colorado, just 10 mi...
I watched the whole program and just wanted to say that you guys are not being sensative to the issue..... psych!!! I thought it was hillarious when the red fox stole his cap, and he wanted to kill it. But in all seriousness, DID YOU SEE THE SIZE OF THAT BEAR, what type of nutcase thinks that he is " the only defender and kind warrior that these gentle creatures have"

#378529 - 02/04/06 10:28 PM Re: Grizzly Man is dead, should we weep? [Re: Gunnut]
smithers Offline
Die Hard Member

in the other thread on this topic someone wrote that he had never stayed that late in the year and the bears that he spent his time protecting were somewhat tame and used to humans. as shown by the idiots on the boat chuckin' rocks at them. they were used to the "traffic". while this may be true they are still bears.
people in yellowstone don't go out of their way to pal around with the bears. i was watching travel channel last weekend a show about yellow stone and they said that more people were injured by bison than bears. probably because the people know not to pet the bears. THEY HAVE BIG TEETH!
maybe he watched too much GRIZZLY ADAMS when he was young and thought "big ben never ate grizzly adams so, what the heck."
the bear that ate him ,they said, was probably from the interior regions and they weren't used to humans. so all this guy and his girl were to this bear was an easy meal.

#378530 - 02/04/06 11:07 PM Re: Grizzly Man is dead, should we weep? [Re: smithers]
Joe Bradshaw Offline
Die Hard Member with a vengeance

Loc: Ozark, Arkansas
Dabbling....sounds to me like being a "Little Bit" pregnant.....sorry boys....in Arkansas, that dog won't hunt Dabbling....LOL!! Hahahahha.....the "friends" you spoke of may have "dabbled" too...that may be a new PC term for 'em....dabblers Hhahahaha....dabblers....

Joe

If I build them...they will come.

FOXPRO Field Staff - Mossy Oak Field Staff

#378531 - 02/04/06 11:40 PM Re: Grizzly Man is dead, should we weep? [Re: Joe Bradshaw]
smithers Offline
Die Hard Member

arky! i chuckled a bit at what j holly wrote. i woke the wife and kids with laughter reading your post! i believe "dabbling" is illegal in my state. if not, it should be. no dabbling in anything. it's full throttle or idle. no middle ground on that one.

#378532 - 02/05/06 10:44 AM Re: Grizzly Man is dead, should we weep? [Re: smithers]
NASA Offline
PM is my life

If you guys think Holly is funny in his posts, you should meet him in person. He's a total crack-up.

#378533 - 02/05/06 10:59 AM Re: Grizzly Man is dead, should we weep? [Re: NASA]
smithers Offline
Die Hard Member

i'd like to meet a lot of the guys on here in person some day. all of you are a great bunch of guys. all with a good sense of humor and down to earth. most with the good sense of where to draw the line when it comes to common sense and decency.

#378534 - 02/05/06 12:51 PM Re: Grizzly Man is dead, should we weep? [Re: Bart52571]
White Eagle Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: The Dark Side
I saw the show on him and although sad what happend to him and his girlfriend not at all unexpected.You can not think for one moment that you can safely live with wild grizz without protection....The man was lost in my opinion.How long can you dangle a worm in front of a fish before it eats it.......Think d.f.is all I have to say...

#378535 - 02/05/06 01:15 PM Re: Grizzly Man is dead, should we weep? [Re: smithers]
NASA Offline
PM is my life

Smithers, that is precisely the focus of the annual Globe Hunt and now the LBL Hunt. A chance to meet the guys we shuck 'n jive with in the Forums here.

White Eagle, d.f. certainly sums it up, doesn't it?

#378536 - 02/05/06 03:57 PM Re: Grizzly Man is dead, should we weep? [Re: NASA]
Three 44s Offline
Die Hard Member III

Well, you guys hooked me into watch "Grizzly XXXXXX".

I use XXXXXX because I don't want to denegrate the word man.

Grizzly Flake would be acceptable.

....... and after one hour, I turned to my wife and saw she had had enough as well.

I am still looking for something to help to initiate the "gag reflex" and get some relief!

I am with the Native (at the museum) that chastised Treadwell for habituating grizzlies and thus harming them.

Treadwell made two points with me. He was a lucky idiot for too long and he cost the world a "perfectly" fine bear contrary to saving anything.

His total childishness was revealed when he flipped out over the fox taking his hat. A stupid hat and this grown flake looses it.

How do we say ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT????

Three 44s

Edited by Three 44s (02/05/06 03:59 PM)

#378537 - 02/05/06 04:43 PM Re: Grizzly Man is dead, should we weep? [Re: Three 44s]
kyray Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: irvine, ky.
What channel, and when is it going to be on again?

#378538 - 02/05/06 05:10 PM Re: Grizzly Man is dead, should we weep? [Re: Three 44s]
jimanaz Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: Phx, AZ
I'm gonna have to disagree with you guys on this one. It wasn't a total waste of time watching that show. After I got tired of Treadwell's voice and IMHO effeminate "conversations" with the camera and bears, I muted the TV, put on a CD, and started cleaning one of my rifles. The footage of the bears was interesting to me and I even unmuted it during the fight scene but quickly remuted when he started ranting over the "poop" the one boar dropped. Good Lord, what a fanatic. All in all, it wasn't bad to watch.....that is if you had something else to listen to and something else to do during the unwatchable parts.

My final analysis....Treadwell = IDIOT. And he got what he deserved.

#378539 - 02/05/06 05:18 PM Re: Grizzly Man is dead, should we weep? [Re: jimanaz]
J. Holly Offline
Die Hard Member III

Okay, rant on here. Why did he continually say "I Love these animals, or I Love you"? After the 500th time, it really started getting to me. Also, what let this guy "study" these bears? Has anyone seen any of these studys? I don't think he was qualified to be there, much less under the guise of studying.

I know he was up there on his own agenda and should have had this happen to him in the first year he was there. I think the bears finally had enough of him.

#378540 - 02/05/06 10:36 PM Re: Grizzly Man is dead, should we weep? [Re: kyray]
Three 44s Offline
Die Hard Member III

kray,

It was on the Discovery Channel. Don't know when, just watch for "Grizzly ......XXXXXXXXX"

Grizzly XXXXXXXxxxxx well you know ends in MAN. I hate denetrating our gender by using Tredfool and MAN in the same sentence!

Three 44s

#378541 - 02/06/06 02:19 AM Re: Grizzly Man is dead, should we weep? [Re: J. Holly]
SCoyote Offline
Seasoned Member

Also, his friends said he dabbled in homosexuality.

Let me expound on this subject. Women can dabble in homosexuality. With men(pun intended), it's a one way street(pun intended), exit only or you are gay.

#378542 - 02/06/06 12:07 PM Re: Grizzly Man is dead, should we weep? [Re: NASA]
cougerbait Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: NORTH CAROLINA
Getting that close on a regular basis to a wild carnivore, well the odds aren't that good. I believe that he got what he had coming to him. He must have been a few fries short of a happy meal.

#378543 - 02/09/06 12:22 PM Re: Grizzly Man is dead, should we weep? [Re: cougerbait]
hawkeye77 Offline
Predator Master

Loc: western. ny
saying that we should weep for that dead bear guy, is like saying that we should wipe before we go to the bathroom...

#378544 - 02/12/06 09:44 PM Re: Grizzly Man is dead, should we weep? [Re: Bart52571]
BKMFR Offline

Loc: E.Washington
Treadwell.... I wonder if he's accomplishing what he set out to though? Bringing all this attention on himself and the bears even in death. There's surely as many people if not more, that feel his death was a real tragedy and are trying to further his cause. I just about didn't buy the movie but did (probably adding $'s to his cause, God, I really hope not!) I let my elderly parents watch it also, and you know what, we need to be stronger as we've all been preached to and speak up against this type of B.S. Many Americans feel as we do on this post about such a redicoulous act, we just need to be heard louder!!
Question-- are we doing are part with supporting the people doing the leg work for us? I hope so.
Weep???I don't think so!

#378545 - 02/21/06 12:45 PM Re: Grizzly Man is dead, should we weep? [Re: Bart52571]
Pa Teeny Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: Laurel Mts of PA
He was lucky he lasted as long as he did. People are stupid. It is like sleeping with a rattle snake sooner or later you will make a wrong move and your dead. He is better off where he is now- He had a movie showing his stupid actions and how it cost him his life. Just too bad they had to kill the bear.

I just can not believe people thought he was OK and going to live for more than 13 years which he did and was luckily.

If he wanted to impress me and others he should have lived in the winter Months of "Fruits and Nuts"" in Alaska.

Survival of the fittest- 1,200lb Bear Vs 150 Tree Hugger???

PA teeny

#378546 - 02/24/06 11:28 AM Re: Grizzly Man is dead, should we weep? [Re: Pa Teeny]
zorro700 Offline
Seasoned Member

Quote:

Survival of the fittest- 1,200lb Bear Vs 150 Tree Hugger???

PA teeny

See? Good guys win. lol.

#378547 - 02/25/06 05:09 AM Re: Grizzly Man is dead, should we weep? [Re: zorro700]
AlaskaBushMan Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: Bear Country
Too bad it cost him the life of his girl friend also......can we say STUPID!

Body parts at camp site....with tent......stupid!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Predator Mastersô, All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.