Predator Masters using UBB.threads ™ Infopop Corporation.
PM Gear Moon & Weather

Welcome to the Predator Masters Forums
Be sure to visit the main Predator Master website at

PM Gear
PM Gear
PM Gear
The Official Predator Masters Search Engine
Search Predator Masters

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#378476 - 01/21/06 05:13 PM Grizzly Man is dead, should we weep?
ADK Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: North of Sodom,West of Gomorra...
I watched a rental movie yesterday about Timothy Treadwell; real name Timothy Dexter.You may have heard of him as the Grizzly Man who spent 13 summers living with the grizzlies in a remote part of Alaska.At the end of the 13th summer (2001)the bears ate him and his girl friend.I recommend the movie because I believe it provides important insight into the mind of an animal rights fanatic.There are many more like Treadwell who have lost touch with reality and risk losing everything. It is possible that part of the proceeds from this movie go to the organization Earth People; an organization co-founded by Treadwell.I could not find anything to confirm or deny that possibility.Still,I think the movie has value to us as hunters.After all "Know your enemy".

#378477 - 01/21/06 08:06 PM Re: Grizzly Man is dead, should we weep? [Re: ADK]
sal Offline
Predator Master

Loc: N.E. Calif. (plumas co.)
my wife read me a story on that tree hugen hippy, if you are going to be dum enough to hang out with grizzly then youed better be ready to be lunch after all they are WILD animals.

#378478 - 01/22/06 05:15 AM Re: Grizzly Man is dead, should we weep? [Re: sal]
NONYA Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: montana
Weep?I laughed my [beeep] off!

#378479 - 01/22/06 12:12 PM Re: Grizzly Man is dead, should we weep? [Re: NONYA]
Three 44s Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: Washington St.
I find the whole mess disgusting!!!

Here is a fool (Treadwell) who thought he was god's gift to bears.

He takes his girlfriend into that situation. From what I understand, she had her share of reservations, now did he back off? Oh hell NO!!! "Sit a little closer to MR. BEAR, SWEETIE"!!!

Now, with the bears killing him he changes his mind. Wants help, tries to enlist her to do something. She starts sobbing and wailing and guess what .......

The bears now think she's the main cuizine.

Now, what really torques me off is that others in the "hugger community" are going to schools and preaching the virtues of Treadwell!!!!

Initiate Gag Reflex!!!!

Three 44s

#378480 - 01/22/06 03:13 PM Re: Grizzly Man is dead, should we weep? [Re: Three 44s]
Rim_Runner Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: Dewey, Az
Quote:

Here is a fool (Treadwell) who thought he was god's gift to bears.

He was. I hope they said grace.

#378481 - 01/22/06 03:31 PM Re: Grizzly Man is dead, should we weep? [Re: Rim_Runner]
Three 44s Offline
Die Hard Member III

Oh, you heard "that one" too????

Three 44s

#378482 - 01/22/06 04:56 PM Re: Grizzly Man is dead, should we weep? [Re: Three 44s]
kirby Offline
PM senior

Loc: nowheresville
Don't know if it "was" the same young guy[hippy-nature boy], I've seen on TV or not. Pushing his luck, with Grizzley's .

Anyway, I thought then. He won't be around to long. No more "Grizz-Whisperer", eh.

#378483 - 01/22/06 10:44 PM Re: Grizzly Man is dead, should we weep? [Re: kirby]
howler Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: Glasgow, Mt.
There was a similar show on the Discovery Channel today, only he lived with Wolves in Idaho, he would sit with them and they would lick his face, He brought his Girl friend into the picture and they accepted her as well, Seemed very fishy to me. it was not fishy it was ludicris

#378484 - 01/23/06 07:25 AM Re: Grizzly Man is dead, should we weep? [Re: howler]
cringle27 Offline

Loc: Maine
Alaskan author Nick Jans wrote the book "The Grizzly Maze" which explains the entire Treadwell fiasco. It's a good read and explains a great deal about bear behavior (both black bear and grizzly/brown). My connections in Alaska all agree that Treadwell was at fault. Too bad he allowed his girlfriend to be killed as well.

#378485 - 01/23/06 08:07 AM Re: Grizzly Man is dead, should we weep? [Re: ADK]
NASA Offline
PM is my life

Loc: 40.02N/105.25W
Treadwell's girlfriend, Amie Huguenard, was a bunny hugger from right here in Boulder, CO. Everyone in Boulder talked about the "tragedy" of the "accident". I didn't read once in the local papers anything about the "stupidity" of this "fiasco".

#378486 - 01/23/06 08:15 AM Re: Grizzly Man is dead, should we weep? [Re: cringle27]
kirby Offline
PM senior

Loc: nowheresville
Around 15yrs ago. The wife, myself & our 85lb Belgian Malinois/German Shepherd X, name of[Summit]. Were nightime catfishing along the Iowa. We had a Coleman Lantern for light. It cast light in a 30 diameter, around us.

Our dog, was on a 16' chain, anchored to a tree, off the trail by us. Were fishing...Suddenly, Summit goes on alert. Then he lunges up onto his hind legs. Chomping the air, visiously. I whip out my Fillet knife, as well.

Then out of the darkness, came the local town freak. Known as the "elf-man". This nut-job, actually thinks he can "talk" to the animals....[one with nature] ...yah, OK.

I confronted him, told him to go away. He insisted! on standing a ft away from our dog's snapping jaws[summit, wanted to eat, this idiot]. He told us, "It's a FREE Country", & that he can "Communicate" with Summit.

He wouldn't listen. I said, "Fine, if he slips his collar, your on your own. I won't pull him off!"

He finally turned back into the darkness, towards town.

#378487 - 01/23/06 08:54 AM Re: Grizzly Man is dead, should we weep? [Re: kirby]
Three 44s Offline
Die Hard Member III

........ ah, the night, 'ole Summit ate Dummit!!!!!!

Three 44s

#378488 - 01/23/06 08:58 AM Re: Grizzly Man is dead, should we weep? [Re: Three 44s]
ADK Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: North of Sodom,West of Gomorra...
Yup!

#378489 - 01/23/06 04:05 PM Re: Grizzly Man is dead, should we weep? [Re: ADK]
Yotecallr Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: Central Iowa
Good one Kirby, the guy probably was raise on peyote buttons and paint chips.

Acts 2:38

---------------------------

#378490 - 01/23/06 04:51 PM Re: Grizzly Man is dead, should we weep? [Re: Yotecallr]
kyray Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: irvine, ky.
I was in Alaska on a Brown Bear hunt when that happened. The people of Alaska didn't have much sympathy for them either. I just can't understand that much stupidity. I know there was a recording of their deaths cause they played it over and over in Anchorage, but does anybody know if there is a video recording of the incident? kyray

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Predator Masters™, All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.