So close to success!

michpred1

Got 3 fresh inches last night so we skipped out of work and headed into the brush for some coyote huntin. I was sittin 100 yards behind dad and brother to cover their down wind side, it just got light and brother started the coyote locator and over the hill they came. There was two coyotes they stopped at 200 yards, which would have been easy had the wind not been blowin 30+ mph. Anyway dad shot and missed and shot and missed again. Well they ran by me at 400 yards, I didn't shoot.

Then we went to the other side of the farm in some thick stuff and dad almost had one run him over and couldn't get a shot with the rifle. Shoulda had the shotgun he said the whole ride home.

All in all it was great, dad had a blast, got some shootin and it was better than work.

Oh yeah gotta get a jack in the box, we've had the suckers stop and look for something three times now, the JIB would seal the deal at a much closer range.

There has been 5 days we have went yotin and seen dogs every single day. Thats cool.

Back