Yotecallr

vargy49

if your the right person!!!
i talked with your son last night. we have a hunt set up on the first weekend of feb. i will be there that thursday night or early friday morning and plan on hunting friday,sat and sunday!! im looking foward to this. some times getting into virgin yotes makes for some exciting runs!!
ill probly be bringing 10 hounds. if you know any one with a hand held marine radio would be great!!

Vargy

I am. Going to try to take those days off to be there, he said there is enough virgin land so I'm planning on bringing camera,binocs,etc and having a great time. I don't know anyone with the radios, he's got some handhelds that have some range. Just hope I can be there.

Barry

Vargy
I talked to a couple farmers close by last night. They say they have been hearing the yotes a lot at night. We should have lots of luck!!! I also talked to the guy that owns the cabin were you will be staying. He said he can get us on a lot of land and wants to come watch the show. I cant wait!!!!!
Dave

sounds like a plan. i really hope tracking is good then!! but if they cant smell we always have fun trying. i talked to kevin today. he is a buddie with hounds to. he said if its good on friday that he might come up and bring some hounds to.

Vargy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

I've been waiting for a very long time to see dogs run coyotes, and I really hope I can get Fri and Sat off. That "cabin" is really neat Dave has lined up for you BTW. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

It sounds like Vargy is going to be running hounds close to my home town of Greenfield. I liked to see that, last time was about 5 years ago I was driving around the Pitzer area and came across some guys using dogs. I watched them until the dogs caught the coyote, what a great site that was to see. Vargy, there is a guy from around Winterset that has one of those coyote pens but I don't know his name. A guy that use to group hunt coyotes with me had grey hounds, got to see 2 of his dogs chase down a coyote which only took about 5 minutes.

Yotecallr,
How you been doing ? Have you been out calling with any luck ? I have not even got out calling once this winter, got out 2 days in December hunting with my group and got to take a shot at a coyote and thats been it.

Vargy, I really enjoy looking at your pics, one of these days I going beg you to go on one of your hunts.

Wish you guys the best of luck. Look me up if you get to Greenfield.

Booger

Booger,
You are not to far at all. I am in Casey which is 15-20min. from were you are. Do you have any extra land we might be able to run on that first weekend in Feb? I have several places lined up, but we can always use extra land. If we dont have much luck up my way there are about 5 farms in Greenfield area we might try also. Let me know.
Thanks
Dave
515-979-9624

Booger, I have been out once with my new Bandit, no luck, had the volume too high, I've had them jump up when pheasant hunting way out, but I'll keep trying. That Bandit is really a great caller, I just keep loading sounds into it (about 55 now). The remote is sweet too. Lotsa range with this caller. Did you sell you Foxpro, that had some great sounds. Maybe all the guys who drive fields shooting to get them up will snuggle in for the rest of the winter and let us callers try to call some in. I hope so.

Booger
your welcome any time. like you heard ill be out that way the first weekend of feb. i have taken a few guys before for thier first time and they were infected with the disease of running hounds LOL

Vargy

Back