Opinons on Site-Pro crosshair illuminator...

dan newberry

Anybody tried this thing?

sitepro_pic.gif

It uses a AAA battery and a fiber optic tube to light the crosshairs of your scope.

Is the brightness level adjustable?

Just wondered if any of you guys had used this thing and could offer a thumbs up/down on it...

Dan

Dan I have one I tryed when I first started night hunting a long time ago. It aint worth a darned, don't waste your money, you don't need it if you have standard or thick crosshairs. The neatest thing since sliced bread is the Leupold lightedd reticles. The only thing that lights up is the small part of the duplex fine crosshairs. It doesn't wash out your sight pic. The only downside is my 3.5-10x50 cost about 500 bucks on closeout, it was one of the last vari x 111 models. We've had just as good luck with our Elite 4200 on my son's gun. We use the 200,00 candlepower varmint special brinkman.

Larry,

Thanks, you've saved me some money and some trouble. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I was just wondering if the thing would be useful on scopes which don't have lighted reticles. I'll take your word for it that it washes out the sight picture...

Dan

Back