hello the board!

Sharps Shooter

Hello the board. I am new to this activity and I hope you'll bear with me. Keep up the good work and hello!

Any in southern Colorado who would like to introduce a newby, let me know!

Regards,
Gregory S. Garland
Colorado Springs, CO

Sharps Shooter--Welcome to the board. Just give us some specific questions and there are any number of folks here who can give you "expert" advice on any one of many topics.

Sharp Shooter Welcome to Predator Masters, We are glad to have you on with us I hope to here about your hunts up in Colorado. I have hunted in your area around Springs, and Florence, and down in Pueblo area, I have family in Pueblo so I hope I get to hunt with you or fish with you when I am up in Colorado area.

------------------
Jason's Gun Room
Quialty Custom Gunsmithing

Sharps shooter--I assume that from your name you indeed shoot one of the Sharps rifles. Tell us something about your Sharps rifle(s), the loads, how well it shoots, etc. I'm curious, because I have 1 of the Browning/Winchester 1885 high walls in .45/70 that I shoot a 409 gr. paper jacket bullet with H4198.

Originally posted by Steve Allen:
Sharps shooter-- Tell us something about your Sharps rifle(s), the loads, how well it shoots, etc. I'm curious, because I have 1 of the Browning/Winchester 1885 high walls in .45/70 that I shoot a 409 gr. paper jacket bullet with H4198.

The rifle is a Pedersoli Sharps in Caliber 40-65. I use a Lyman Snover bullet weighing 400 grains and sized to .410". The powder charge is roughly 56grains of Elephant 3f powder in a Remington case, a Emmerts lube grease cookie and .030" fiber wad. Shoots X ring sized groups at 200 yards when I do my part. What a hoot!

The rear sight is a Lee Shaver conversion and the front is also from Lee, but it is a standard Lyman 17 w/ spirit level and Shaver inserts.

It has beautiful wood, double set triggers, case hardened receiver and lever. I really enjoy this rifle for target shooting but it is pretty heavy for carrying very far.

Regards,
Sharps Shooter
smile.gif

Hey Sharps!

Welcome to P.M. Hope you enjoy your time with us.... if you have any questions there are many many wonderful people on here just jumping at the chance to help a fellow hunter.

By the way, sounds like a beautiful rifle you got there.
biggrin.gif

RK

------------------
Idle hands may be the devils work, but idle minds are so much worse

Back