Do you think a MoJo Dove will work as a Decoy?

Coach

I found a pair of MoJo Dove decoys at wallmart in the clearance section for $4.oo each. Bought both of them, wish they would have had more at that price. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Put it together , looks good, those whirling wings sure show up and should make a commotion out in the desert. Anybody try one of these as a predator decoy ? Got to try it out, price was sure right.

Last edited:
I see no reason they wont work....look at all the things others use on the board and it works for them....go for it.........stump

Last edited:
Coach
I'm sure it will work. was thinking of doing the same thing myself. We used my bro-inlaws woodpecker out in globe and the yotes locked right in on it. I'm still going to build one of my own though.

Shameless

Do like I did. I had some of those clip on doves and I painted them to look like magpies. You should paint the mojo doves to look like mojo magpies. That is a good price. how much are those normally?

Fallguy,

I've seen the same MoJo Doves for sale for over $30. Just one of those lucky finds at Wallmart I guess. I haven't seen too manny Magpies around here in the desert. Is it just the color contrast that gets the attention, or do you think you need a concentration of Magpies to make it work?
I plan on giving the Whirling Woodpecker and the MoJo Dove a work out soon.
Going on a Duck hunt tomorrow, but might throw the decoys in and see if we can make a stand or two.

Just too much hunting season all at once here in Arizona, Archery Deer, javelina, Ducks, and the those predators that are always out there. But I not complaining.. Just hard to do it all ha.

Great to live in the Southwest at this time of the year oh.

if you don't have magpies don't paint it like a magpie, but im sure there are some kind of birds that come in while calling, here in central TX crows and hawks come in, but really i wouldn't even paint it, then you can still use it for dove hunting. i think as long as those wings are spinning mr. yote will be looking at it no matter what color it is.

make a wing like the woodpecker out of cardboard and a peice of wire. paint one side of the wing white and one side black. Or only put one wing in it before using it.
I wonder if the remote package for the mojo duck will work for the dove. That would make it an awesome decoy!

Last edited:
$4 is unbelievable. During dove season we looked all over for them. All the stores were selling them faster then they could get them. I saw one that cost $50.00
It should work for predators. I had a coyote come in to a white plastic sack.

I bought one to use as dual purpose (yotes and dove) instead of the woody. Struck out on the only dove hunt I got to try it on, and have tried a couple of stands for yotes with no success. Nothing else has been working either though. I got mine on clearance for 20 something bucks. You really got a deal!

Yes, the $4.00 price is kind of amazing but true. I still haven't had a chance to take it out for predators yet. We've been chasing ducks down here, in fact using a MoJo duck has really been producing great results.

I've been itching to get it out,

Back